or Connect

Posts by Shiny

I'm going to be travelling to Jacksonville in a week or so. Any spots that I should hit in one free afternoon? From random talk on this thread, FL isn't the thrifting Nirvana. So outlets or other "good deal" menswear places would be fine, too. PM if you don't want to reveal deets. I promise to blow up NOT raid your honey holes.
Did you guys get the free listings promotion yet? It's already the 7th and nothing. The past few months, ebay has showered me with 20000 free BINs and variations on that. Nothing for 2014? Thanks.
^^^Scottyboy, I don't see why you'd want to give this guy more airtime. It's like giving a bullhorn to a heckler. Just wait a few weeks and someone will come over here and spew off about how bad his AE shoes are.
[[SPOILER]] Congrats! Those look great. Except for the wheeling and the perf captoe, those look like my Townleys. Yes Tampatravel, tomorrow! I can't remember what last my Townleys are on. Here's the post when I first got them in April: http://www.styleforum.net/t/141581/allen-edmonds-appreciation-thread/18930#post_6287876
Great looking boots Uncle Mac. I want to get into boots, but the last time I tried some the shaft was really constricting on my ankles. Yours look pretty tight kinda like the way I wore mine. Maybe I'm just not a boot guy? Is there some kinda secret to them not being so tight on the ankles?
Congrats!Authenticity check? Lineny fabric but no material tag anywhere: [[SPOILER]]
Those #'s don't match up. 52 to 54 and the modello #. Am I missing something?
Realz?
Those are fine, IMO. Unless they look/feel sandpapery dry, they're not gonna crack. I would apply conditioner but that corrugated look probably won't go away. Those aren't dress boots and they're meant to be abused. Besides, no one is going to see that side of that boot.
I stand by my contention that people generally apply too much polish to their shoes. I come across a lot of old shoes (in thrift shops) with caked on polish. Ruined. The worst are the brogued shoes with holes completely filled in. I don't use that wax Kiwi polish anymore. That's the worst culprit. If anything, I use cream polishes that, I think, condition as they shine. And, I will usually apply it when my shoes have some scuffs that need to be covered up. I also...