or Connect

Posts by Shiny

Help id these AEs I bought @ a thrift. The model name of the sole has been washed out, but I think it begins with a B. Thanks in advance:
It's good. It's a government/company town so you find a lot of stuff that govt workers wear to blend in. Brooks Bros, HSMs, John W. Nordstrom stufff along with the usual Nautica, C Klein dress shirts that are all around the country. Nothing flashy that you would find in NYC or even Philly. With the rise in the contractor class, I've seen a lot of dress casual stuff like Banana Republic and the like that is showing up in the thrifts. If you apply yourself, you can pull...
Something from my rounds the last few days: Gitman white dress shirt, tagged 16.5 x 35, available NWT Coach braces, available 2 ties, the Lands End one is extra long so it’s for a longer torso. Most certainly available: Finally, NWT J Crew tan blazer. Size L. Picked it up to feed THE HABIT. I’m also disgusted with people stealing pix. On a related note, need to hit the torrents to d’load that new Avengers movie
Congrats. Nice choice.I'm not the authority on this, but I think someone mentioned that topys trap the moisture in the leather sole thus breaking down the leather via moisture. Leather soles are more breathable, if that makes any sense. Better to have a pair of vibram or rubber soled AE dress shoes when you're going to face inclement weather. Or, some rubber shoe covers could also work.
Darn you, AE! Any Kenilworth owners care to mention what they wear those shoes with? Suits, chinos, business casual, business? Thanks.
I have an old pair of shoes I would like to do this to. However, there is a little bit of cracked leather. Is cracked leather a dealbreaker?
I don't know about the walnut strands. I hope they do have them on sale.I feel bad having the SA bring out a bunch of different shoes sizes and me not buying . Although I've done it 2-3 times.Gotten into the habit of buying AE shoes on sale.Do you have a Nordstrom rack nearby? Much easier to try the variety of AE shoes there. That way you get a feel for what lasts work for you. If you have a too wide or too thin foot, I guess regular Nordstrom or the AE shop are your...
As to what Nordstrom will have, I'm not sure. I had a moment when someone said that there will be no bwn PA's (or strands?) on sale.For me, one good thing about Nordstrom is that you can try the shoes one in person and they will special order E or thinner sizes for no charge (when you are being fitted).
I got these Hales from the 2/$200 sale: Loving them so far. 2nd time this week I wear them. They were 1sts. I was going to wait for the Nordstrom Park Avenue sale, but these are very similar. What's the difference? Maybe I'll get the PAs in bwn when that sale rolls around.
Ned from the show "Ned and Stacey". Another dated look, but at the time he was wearing different stuff compared to other TV characters i.e. Seinfeld.