or Connect

Posts by Shiny

Is it safe to open this thread now?
Brian would you be interested in this 36R tails tux? No name brand, I think it was “After 6”. I know, I know it’s not an S. Pants nowhere to be found. Did not cop. Canali SC. This fits me but bwn is not my color. Needs dry cleaning.
Just a couple of items for me this week. First were these B. Magli captoes. I see a lot of Maglis with cheap rubber soles or those one piece heel/sole rubber combo jobs. But these are nicer. They are welted and the soles are leather. This pix is from the back of the car and I DID get home in put them in shoe trees. Not available. And, this E. Zegna green turquoise aqua L/S shirt. Tagged XL Has big ass MOP buttons and the hidden button down action in the collar. Wish...
If you bought them used (and there's no possibility of return), then I would suggest some radical surgery: A competent cobbler may be able to rebalance them. That is, sand down the heel area so that arch is not as pronounced. Some are not willing to do this. I've developed a good relationship with 2 cobblers so for me it's no problem. I had a problem similar with an old pair of shoes (not AE) and that's what my cobbler did.Another suggestion is, if you have enough room,...
She's ok with you staying a long time or just go in for a quickie.
I had the same experience once. The front line CSR did not want to take em, but called the manager and he ok'd it. It helped that I was wearing my Sanfords and a nice suit, i think.
Bullock and Jones Navy Summerweight suit. Available. Tagged 42R, but fits more like a 42L. Split vented, 2 button,Made in Italy. 98% cotton; 2% elasten. Has a nice euro cut. Measuremnts: 22" pit to pit (layed flat) 31.5 length bottom of collar to end of coat 25" sleeve length (shoulder seam to end of sleeve) 19.5" shoulder 35" pants waist (you have 1.5 more to let out.) 29" pants inseam, crotch to end of cuff; (you have 1 to 1.5" more to let out). I seriously thought...
Sam, I would probably pass on that Burberry label you show. It's kinda old and some of the construction I've seen hasn't been up to snuff. Be on the lookout for the following label: Much more recent and fabric quality has gone up. Better resale.
Here's the tag from my Zanella SC. I bought this new at Saks Off 5th about 2-3 years ago. I would say yes:
Agree on the captoe look for the PAs. That soho one is more to my liking. To complicate matters , here is the captoe on my Hale's in real world conditions, which I like. I know, I know the captoe is perforated but oh well.