or Connect

Posts by masterphotog

I've provided links showing what style of shoe I really like and one that also seems timeless and traditional.  I like the clean look of these plain wingtips.   I'm curious which of the three stand out in quality as well as appearance in your eyes.  The intention of these shoes will be worn for a notch under suit attire.  Occassions will include - nice restaurants, meetings, fine wine/bourbon socials and everything else on the upper end casual.  They'll typically be...
It looks like I'll be special ordering anyway due to them not having my size, so if the beechnut is considerably darker, I may got that route.  The 'pecan' color in the bottom two images had me a little concerned as I already have shoes in that finish.  If the photo was taken in more of a natural light situation in the first photo and they seem to have a deeper brown than what they appear in photos 2 and 3, then I may still choose the tan.   Thanks for the clarification.  
Regarding the images posted by DIL - I see two different colors/finishes of this string of Drummond photos, can you tell me which color is which?  Is the top one the Tan Burnished Calf and the other two the Beechnut Burnished?   Thanks  
 +
I like the direction this is going, I agree with "why not give it a try" and the suggestion to "experiment with cloth".    I think I'll dabble with a minimum order of dress shirts, 2 or 4, depending on which tailor I choose.  This should be enough to get my feet wet and help me determine if this is what I'll do from now on.   ...Now on to find someone worth visiting??   I'm in Indy, so Cincinnati - Chicago - Louisville are all places I'd be willing to travel...
SFers, Lately, I've been strongly considering upgrading the quality of my wardrobe. Please forgive my ignorance with the question, as this will potentially be a new venture for myself.  I've always cared about the way I dress and the amount of importance I put on it.  As a prior serviceman, I try to carry myself professionally in all situations.  Dressing properly and having clothes that fit is where it all starts, in my opinion.  If you dress like a slob, then...
Hello SF, I'm from the great Hoosier state and was lucky enough to escape the rash of tornados that we were recently hit by.  I was within 10 miles of Henryville, the site of the hardest hit town, where there is no more Henryville High School.   I've recently found myself spending hours per week on your forum looking for clothes that fit my style and likes.  As a photographer, I'm a very conservative/classic dresser and tend to lean toward the earth tone...