or Connect

Posts by puzzled

Thanks jeffreyd.  I am 81 and considering getting a new suit.  Can't afford a custom tailor at my age.  Was considering bespoke tailors in the Seattle area because I now have such a large pot.    Have a suspicion that the cost saving is partly from fabrications that ignore the fine linings you describe.  Have you ever heard of fabrication techniques from these tailors?  They all do a lot of hand waving about their quality, but no real evidence in their ads.
I am 81 years old and have a big belly.  I have been dieting but still I'm in a 46L suit with 46 waist trousers.  I got it from JC penny because they sell separates.  I would like to purchase a higher quality suit as probably the last I need;  Are there anyrmc lines of quality that can be sold as fitted separates?  I used to get a vested suit somewhere but don't recall where.  I live in a small community and other than JCP I have purchased from a Hong Kong custom tailor...
I tried to email Peter Panjabi at the address they gave.  All I got was a form stating that it didn't go through because it was refused by the recipient.  I now feel that my initial suspicions were true and there is no more Peter Panjabi business.
Imatlas:  Thank you so very much.  I will email him and see if he comes near our city.  Might even have given up sending me invitations since it has been several years since I bought a suit from him and he might have just moved to a more upscale hotel as well.  I bought 3 and several sport coats and shirts and slacks too, as well as  a cashmere top coat for my wife when I was working. But nothing since I retired and lost my wife.
It is absolutely true and I don't appreciate snide remarks.  Maybe because I am 81 years old and I have seen a lot in my time that most on here have never experienced.  I just joined the forum and didn't realize that forums still allowed such stuff.  Just because someone has been around this forum for a longer time doesn't necessarily make them able to judge.
About 20 years ago I was in the Nordstroms clearance basement looking at shoes because they had a one day sale of only shoes above size 12 and I wore a 14 B.  I tried on every shoe there in my size and the only pairs that fit my foot like they were custom made for them was 2 pair of Allen Edmonds.  I  bought them both for about $55 a pair.  I still wear them to church and special occasions.  Only have had the heels replaced once.  Handle them and I stop and fondle that...
The quality is allright.  I just wouldn't have ever expected it from the old Hickey Freeman.  Now I know what happened.  It really isn' t the old maker.  Sorry to hear that.  Now I wish I could find a list of the order of quality of men's rmd.  Things change over time.  I used to buy custom made clothes from a Hong Kong tailor named Peter Panjabi and he quit coming to our area.  Can't even google his name and find out what happened to him.  Maybe it is the communist...
I'm "puzzled".  I am 81 years old and still like to wear dressy clothes.  However I am overweight and have a pot.  So I am forced to buy "executive fit" suits and sport coats.  Lately, that means JC Penny.  I can' t find stuff like that on line so far.  I don't like denim and prefer khakis in various colors.  Most of those I purchase at STP.  I have bought clothes on ebay but that is never reliable.  My shoes are also a problem because I wear size 14 in a dress shoe or...
I recently purchased a Hickey Freeman knit vest at Sierra Trading Post.  I am 81 years old and when I was in my 20s that brand was the gold standard in quality for men's suits in San Francisco.  The vest I purchased was marked:  Made In China.  Did Hickey Freeman fall on hard times in the 60 years since then?