or Connect

Posts by arorakevin

After thinking and reading through this, I now remember that the issue with the Park Avenue wasn't the toe box, but the instep, or on top of the foot where the laces are. It always caused pain there. It seems like the Hampton based shoes have a higher instep, so maybe Alden might be the way to go. I could be wrong though. It just seems that the uniform-ish look of the Park Avenue makes a very "flat"shoe, and that is probably what caused issues for me.  I'm just concerned...
http://www.firstmallcairo.com/listStores.aspx?CatID=15 is probably the only place that would have "decent" shoes. They mostly carry big sizes, have a limited selection, and the only things on sale are a bit ridiculous. In Cairo, you'll find numerous Made in China shoes in downtown that will break in a day, but then again, not many people would want to maintain a good quality pair of shoes in Cairo, because/after all, it is Cairo and the roads are very dirty and dusty....
Well, the question is, I did all of the explaining to filter out dumb comments/responses.   To reiterate, Allen Edmonds Park Avenyes, will have the safer fit, and won't set off metal detectors, but what will Aldens do in the Hampton last, and how will the fit?  
I am in a dilemma about ordering shoes internationally. Currently, I am in Cairo, Egypt, and let's just say, men's dress shoes is a nightmare here. Back in America, I have a pair of Allen Edmonds Black in size 7.5D. I didn't bring them because they are to funeral-ish for me, and just very boring. Before leaving Boston, I tried to find a good pair of Brown or Burgundy dress shoes, but being short on time, I ended up trying on some Peals at BB on Newbury Street. They...