or Connect

Posts by CounselorStyle

The webpage only lists vibram soles, but this suggests b nelson would do it cheaper.  http://www.bnelsonshoes.com/casual_shoes.asp  I can't vouch for them personally, but they seem to be well regarded around here.
 If the shoe feels better with his foot pushed slightly forward, the problem is likely that it is too long in the sense that the ball of his foot is behind the widest part of the shoe.  If that's the case, a tongue pad will only ensure that the ball of his foot never actually gets where it's supposed to be, which makes taking a step feel really awkward at best.  It depends, though, and I suppose trying one couldn't hurt.   I find that once I get a shoe that fits my heel to...
 Some heel slippage will be reduced once the sole breaks in.  The only way you can judge whether yours will is to assure that the shoe fits properly (most importantly, that the ball of the foot is at the widest part of the shoe; also important for slippage is that the heel isn't way to wide).   Your salesman could be right. On the other hand, I had a salesman at one AE store tell me the same thing.  The heel slippage never stopped, and once I learned to discern whether...
 My take: the suede Bushacres don't make a lot of sense.  The harder (and from what everyone says, less comfortable) rubber soles are best for situations, like rain and snow, where you would not want to wear crepe.  I wouldn't buy suede shoes for the purpose of being better able to wear them in rain or snow, either.  So the Bushacre makes sense in leather, but I'm not sure what's to gain from buying it in suede.So I'd only buy the Bushacre in leather. Similarly, my first...
 I'm sort of ambivalent on them.  I like the way they look.  I really do.  I also don't think I should like the way they look.  The combination of burgundy, polishable, full grain leather with crepe soles and a frumpy last sort of seems like it screams identity crisis. I think I'd have to see them in person before I buy.  Hopefully it won't be too hard to find a pair in NYC.
Thoughts on the new Horween models?  http://www.onlineshoes.com/Mens-clarks-desert-boot-burgundy-horween-leather-p_id303411?adtrack=tpart   On the one hand, the fact that they're actually making them out of reasonably decent leather now (optionally) has me considering buying a pair.  On the other hand, they come only in green and purple.
You mean, for example, this thread here? Or are threads utilizing the title 'Redwing' and discussing solely RW products generally about something else?  And if so, how do I know which ones are Redwing threads?   Edit: Please forgive this forum newbie for attempting to post a question in what google strongly suggests is the most appropriate thread in the entire history of styleforum for...
Reviving this thread, since google suggests it's the most appropriate one for my question:   What exactly is the Beckman sole?  Is it some sort of single sole, part leather and part rubber?  Or is there a leather midsole stitched to the welt, with a rubber outsole stitched to the midsole (It certainly isn't the more common rubber glued to leather, because of the stitching visible on the sole)?  Is this something that can be done with other leather-soled boots by a...
By the way, isn't this exactly how high fashion works in the real world?  Step One: Design clothes.  Step Two: Set prices for clothes absurdly high.  Step Three: give items away to your friends and family (not to mention any celebrities you want to cozy up to) for free or at cost.
  I recognize this post is pretty old, but I imagine there's someone else out there looking for this info.  I was myself as late as two days ago.   I was looking for a lower-cost alternative to the Indy and went to stores all over Manhattan.  I ended up looking at these, the moc-toe version of the Wolverine 1000 Mile (Courtland) and the Frye Walter.   IMO, these look a LOT more rugged than any of the other alternatives.  They're about three parts Red Wing to one part...