or Connect

Posts by Stephenhdmrs

pictures?
Looking for a suit in staple colors.  Let me know what you have.  Will pay a fair price.
Hi,   I'm interested in trying on a suit on San Diego or Orange County.  Is there anywhere that is stocking them?  Or is there anywhere online that has a good selection?   Thanks!
Can you please clarify that.  The bottom two pictures are from the Shop The Finest website.  The top two are from Sartoriale's website(Isaia).  They are pictures of what is currently for sale and what I would buy if I would choose one.  There are multiple Borrelli's for sale on Shop The Finest websites currently in size 40R.  I narrowed it down to that one and also the one Sartorio Napoli. Or are you saying that from the one's i'm showing that Isaia from Sartoriale will...
I do worry about getting a 42 taken down to a 40.  I read some other horror stories about that.  I guess if I ever do get that big, then I will have to go the bespoke route.  Unlikely as I'm really not sure how big I can even get given my small bone structure.  But I digress. I have no problems with a lined suit.  My comment was merely what I had tried on and had available.  I do believe all of the above are lined.  I definitely would never dream of having the lapels...
Thanks for the advice guys.  Luckily I can try on the Sartorio Napoli and Borrelli since I live close to ShopTheFinest, but I won't be able to try on an Isaia unless I go to Nieman Marcus and just try it on without buying there.  Which I guess I could do.   I did think about Samuelsohn but wasn't sure if RTW being altered slightly or MTM by Samuelsohn would be better.
I hate to bring this up for the millionth time, but need some help with fit from people who have tried them on.  I'm needing help finding something that has a slimmer waist.  I'm 24, 5'10", and 170 lb's.  I work out but have a small bone structure.  My chest measures 40" and my waist is 32".  I was able to try on some suit jackets that my dad had.  I tried on ZZegna, Brioni, Loro Piana, Brunello Cucinelli(all size 40R).  Shoulders fell where they should on all of them. ...
What do you guys think?  Trying to be something else?  Maybe I falsely labeled it, but thats what they had it listed as at Shop the finest.  I think it could work maybe.  I would wear it with a button down shirt and jeans/chinos.   Side note - I don't have a sport coat currently but i'm also not trying to make this one.  Just looking for a sweater that's a little more dressed up.
  I looked at Villeroy & Boch and they have some very nice designs.  I like that some of them are bone porcelain.  I have grown fond of the feel of bone china with mugs.  The silverware sounds very nice.   Good call on the champagne glasses.  I didn't really think about that.  The Hermes plates are interesting but I don't know if I could ever justify spending that much on plates.       Where I live has nothing to do with dinnerware.  I make dinner at home, therefore I...
So... I've been reading a lot about home items in anticipation of moving out onto my own again.  I'm 22 and wanted to fill my apartment with some nicer things.  I'm not much of a partyer so I'm not worried about anything breaking.  Boy has it been a challenge finding nice things at an affordable price.  Much harder than clothes.   Anyways, Neiman Marcus was having a home sale and I picked up some plates and forks impulsively that I really really...