or Connect

Posts by Off My Rack

A black suit is a formal suit. The pinstripes add a business connotation. Between these two factors, a tie is a necessity. If you would prefer to ditch the tie, then it would be best to change the color/pattern of the suit. Ideally, you would go for a sportcoat/trouser combo if you're going tieless. You should rank your priorities, and decide what is most important to you and your bride - would you prefer to keep to the suit you've chosen, or the no tie look. Then adapt...
Regular or washed. Leaning more towards washed.
I'm looking for an alternative to my Levi's 501s. They just fit a bit too tight in the thighs. I like the button fly, and the fit below the knee, but I would like something that's a little looser above the knees. I've already tried sizing up and having the waist tailored, but that doesn't really do much for the fit in the thighs either. Any suggestions for a decent quality alternative with a button fly for guys who can't quite make 501s work? Preferably in the same price...
 Agreed...I spent about an hour going back through the thread to find out how he did this, and it was just like you said. Mostly store credit, etc. He came out of pocket $39, which is by no means a pair of shoes for $39.The whole search turned out to be a complete waste of my time, which could have been avoided if that statement was never made.
Here's my shot at it. Although I don't want the burdens that come with "winning" this competition, I don't think there's much risk of that. Crappy cell phone pictures below...
 Yep - Picked these up for right at $100 after shipping. Not a bad deal at all. Waiting for them to come in now!http://www.sierratradingpost.com/wolverine-1000-mile-wilton-chukka-boots-suede-factory-2nds-for-men~p~6601d/?filterString=mens-boots~d~137%2FWolverine-1000-Mile~b~3972%2F&colorFamily=01
What do you guys that live up north, around salted and snow-covered roads, wear for boots. I'm about to head up that way for a week, and wanted to pick up some boots, but was curious as to what works well. I don't want to go to a sporting goods store to get cheap duck boots, but I don't want to spend a fortune, either. Something under $200 would be best. I'm looking at these:...
 Somehow my wallet snuck out of my coat pocket and onto my desk. Looking at that handsewn moc - now I need to know what the sizing is like compared to what I have now. I wear a 9.5 in my AE park avenues and the same in a variety of Santoni shoes. Any ideas of what size I should get?
Dumb question - Is it possible for an SA to look up a gift card used on the last purchase, and to use it without physically having the gift card? I have mis-placed a gift card with a little over $300 on it, and have a few things on hold until I find it. Not sure if its even possible to do this, and wanted to check here before asking her, since I know it sounds a little odd.
I just searched for "what to look for in a shirt" The first result, post #5 gives a link to a blog post regarding how a shirt should fit - answering #s 5, 8, 10 and 11 on your post. Literally took me 30 seconds. Here's the thread: http://www.styleforum.net/t/353535/bespoke-shirt-fitting-what-to-look-for The rest of those are styling questions that come up constantly on here. In fact, if you spend 5 minutes casually browsing random threads, you'll see debates on one or...