or Connect

Posts by topisdown

"We just wanted to update you that your order from TheShoeMart   Canceled     Unfortunately, while our inventory originally showed that this item/size was available, it was actually already sold to another customer. We do apologize for the error and inconvenience. Thank you very much." Thanks to @halfnhalfnhalf for sharing the 9.5D list.  Supposedly the emails all go out at the same time, but I still haven't got them.  Last list, I got the mail 3-4 hours after...
Funny, I was somehow under the impression that PTB and wingtip were on different lasts.  I have the PTB in 10D and it fits me fine, comfortable not too snug.  And I have the Lindrick in 9.5D which fits about the same, not too snug although the vamp of the left boot is a little tight when I first put them on.  The fit is not that different between the two. I guess I always assumed that the wingtip boot and shoe were on the same last, but the PTB was on a different last....
Whiskey Wednesday.     I got these from Alden DC about a year and a half or two years ago.
Those Rider LWB are pretty amazing!  The almost look like vintage Hanovers.  Are these from eBay?
Actually the first model was in Camel suede, not Tan.
It seems like about a year ago that I first saw the Barry crepe sole chukka in tan suede on the J Crew website.  Those sold out quickly.  Then a few months later they listed the same make up in Snuff suede.  When they got down to just a few sizes they disappeared from the website too, although I've seen an odd size pop up occasionally - like the 8 and 12.5.  I was able to find them in December at the Chelsea store in NYC after the guys at the Ludlow Shop checked the...
It looks like the Shoe Mart's site has been updated.  Now when you search or view a particular Alden style, it only shows models that are currently in stock.
^ And I'd love to have style #1684 in a size 10D myself.  I have the monk strap in color 8.  It's one of my favorite Alden shoes.
According to my notes, the 1684 is whiskey shell cordovan.  I'm attaching a photo that I saved a few years ago from the Alden Madison website.  
I just stumbled across these online at Pelle Line.  The photos are pretty terrible.   Alden - 36620 - Ravello Tassel Moccasin in shell cordovan leather   http://www.pelleline.com/store/product-info.php?alden_shoes_36620_-_Ravello-pid964.html