or Connect

Posts by Cain

Gentlemen....lets not turn this thread into personal quarrels. This is one of my favorite threads and have been following since the beginning and would like to keep it that way.
I fold all knitwear.
Gary, I had liked that shoe for some time as well! The thing is, when I saw pictures of them in real life they looked cordovan in color. Can you post pictures that you have up? I would really like a dark brown color going on.
I'm starting to agree that the Carmina is too much with the grain finish. Does anyone know where I can find a plain one? Armoury/Epaulet does not carry it. The Church is nice, not in my size however. Starting to think the Meermin is the winner ; wish someone had experience with Markowski. Also, I'm afraid that the Meermin will be too low quality once it arrives being from the Classic Collection.
dddres - Is that Alden 9001 model? I forgot the model number but I knew it not so long ago. Shell?   gsugsu - Fair point. I'm willing to go big but I will be traveling to Hong Kong early next year and would like to save up for my Janzten/Armoury run. Carmina captoe on the simpson last are looking mighty fine lately.   Appreciate all the advice. Specific discussion or experiences with the shoes above would be great as well. Anyone own or handled the Markowski Remy...
Its not that the G&G or EG, et cetera, are unrealistic; wrong choice of words. I would rather cough that kind of dough up for a elegant oxford for work that gets cared for a lot more. This will be a casual, and dressed up sometimes, shoe that is versatile that will see A LOT of walking around. I highly doubt you would want to do the amount of walking I do per day in precious EG's or G&G, thats why I take cabs/taxis when I wear those type of shoes. Beijing does not care...
Please help me choose my next shoe purchase - the best value for money and versatile dark brown plaint toe blucher. I walk a lot, live in a major city and plan on getting a lot of use out of these so please no unrealistic advice like G&G, EG, et cetera. These are the ones I am looking at so far:   1. Meermin (5 eyelet Rubber Sole) -- Never seen a real life picture of these (can't find a person that owns this color in this...
First and last bump. Even if no one else responds, thanks for the input gentlemen.
tobbiasj - Ya, the Clarks are reminiscent of a suede construction boot lol. But, there is a place for very casual boots once in a while. The thing I like about them is that they go with everything casual in my wardrobe and they feel like I'm walking on butter when I go out and about. You are correct that they are quite inelegant though and wearing such with a streamlined, clean, and semi-dressy clothing apparel will result in utter failure. Btw, ever seen these shoes in...
Thanks for the insight!   slowblue -The boots are going to have some other sole besides leather so I hope that will be ok...Dainite on the Northcote might pose a problem on ice, but I think it will suffice...hopefully.   Tobias - Yes, Pimlico is a beauty and the only Loake which I tend to like. It will be a purchase in the far term however, because as clunky as it may be, the Clark is my "go to" suede boot until the crepe runs out.   Any other comments? Other...