or Connect

Posts by nandreetta

The sizes are two down from the actual waistband measurement, so if you have a measuring tape you can wrap around yourself wherever you normally wear pants, that's your best bet.As for dungarees in winter, that's down to personal preference above anything. I've hardly worn mine without long johns underneath so far this year, but we still have freezing temperatures even though it's "spring." Anything above 10 C / 50 F and they should be fine on their own.
Would anyone be kind enough to post a pit-to-pit chest width of any and all medium or large Outlier tops they own? I'm trying to decide between these sizes for their various shirts and customer support just directs you to the sizing chart on the site. Thank you to anyone in a position to oblige.
It was neck and neck with the midnight blue (and with a slight pang of regret when the forest green was restocked), but the (recently received) charcoal/silver grenadine garza fina won out as my wedding tie. I think it works well as a nod to classic wedding ties without descending into full-on anglophilia and works better with my mid-grey suit than would a glen plaid.   Here's a quick photo with an altogether incorrect shirt, but I'll update with proper photos later....
Hey! I resent that. Give credit where credit is due: my boxy torso.   Seriously though, I'm probably stretching the suit out at all the wrong places—the button pulling at the waist—to make it look boxier than it is. I'll take some better pictures at some point that do the suit a bit more justice. That said, I'm glad the waist isn't suppressed too much. My diet is going well, but I only have so much time.
Thanks for the all the feedback. I didn't expect to get so much of it and was mainly posting the swatches for others' use.   I agree with the several people who like the forest green, but I'd need it for May so the fact that it's out of stock probably rules it out. Plus, the bride will wear red shoes and, while I don't want to match anything, I don't want to clash either (or evoke Christmas).   In my mind, it's down to the navy/dark navy or the charcoal/silver. I...
Not as exciting as actual tie pictures, but here are a few grenadine swatches (some fina, some grossa) with a medium grey Benjamin Sartorial Granoro suit. I think the pictures are reasonably color accurate, so they might be of some assistance to those in doubt. I'm still trying to pick a tie for my wedding, but Sam Hober seems the way to go.   Dark blue, slate blue, bitter chocolate:     Dark chocolate, red, forest green:     Charcoal silver,...
The suit I posted is a 42R. I'd say the lapels not meeting the points of the collar is more of a problem with the shirt I'm wearing having a smaller point collar. I'm going to try the suit out with a more substantial spread collar to see if it helps. The other collar issue is that the jacket doesn't cover enough of the shirt collar at the back of the neck, but I imagine that's a different fix altogether.   As for the pants, I can't remember for the life of me if...
I posted my medium grey Granoro in the fit critique thread, but I'll cross post here for those who are curious. I'm not 100% certain the photos are color accurate, but probably close enough to differentiate between it and the charcoal. Personally, I'm glad I chose it over the charcoal, but I might end up with other colors in the long run. I too have the low collar fit issue, but I haven't spoken with a tailor yet to see what can be done. I'm not very bothered by it, but...
Thanks for the feedback, Despos. I'll revisit the local tailor to see how much material they can get out of the smaller trousers. Any particular alteration suggestions for the jacket? Am I right that it's too small in the waist or is it okay? Even though I feel it pulls and the two sides should close more below the button, there still seems to be extra fabric in the back picture. Are these adjusted independently?
I figure I'll bump this to the end since it has been five days and I need to return one of these sizes in the near future. Any opinions on fit?   I still think the smaller jacket fits the shoulders best, but seems to pull a bit at the waist. However, I would probably need to let out the trousers as much as possible to have any hope of fitting their waist. Better to keep the larger trousers and slim the seat, hips, thighs, etc? When paired with the smaller jacket, they...