or Connect

Posts by bigtimebuck4

I am having trouble picking out a shirt / tie combo for Easter tomorrow. I will be wearing a taupe suit and want to combine it with a purple tie. I could just wear a white shirt if none of these work, but thought it would be worth trying to spruce things up a bit. Here are my three shirt and two tie options.   The middle shirt has some taupe stripes in the pattern. The top tie is a darker purple. Not the highest quality picture but do your best. Like I said, if...
BB University cut pants are slim, at least that is what I was told. They were too slim for me and I, while not a professional athlete, am by no means obese (5'9 180 lbs 34")
What is the price line you are looking at? I own pants at all price points: $200+ Corneliani, $150+ Ballin, $100 Brooks Brothers, <$100 Perry Ellis, Kenneth Cole and I think my Perry Ellis' fit about as nice as any of them. You may also want to look at Brooks Brothers University cut, starts ~$100 but can be caught on sale for as low as $50.
I don't know why he didn't have it remade, I didn't speak to the owner directly.   Regarding the lining, I don't remember specifically. It was not the canvassing though. This was basically tissue paper in the lapels I believe. I am not a tailor (obviously) so I can't speak too specifically. What I can tell you is my tailor, who has been doing this for 40+ years and knows the owner fo the company, thinks it is a terrible product.
I was at my tailor yesterday here in Columbus, the hometown of Astor and Black. Without getting into too many details because I don't want to out the tailor, this guy worked very closely with the company and its founder.  I asked him what he thought of the quality of product they produce. He went on a 10 minute tirade about how terrible their suits are constructed. He no longer works directly with the company but showed me a receipt for a customer who needed $500 worth...
I have a taupe suit I was intending to wear to a rehearsal dinner in May. A friend of mine told me I couldn't wear that light of a color after dark. Is he right or is taupe dark enough to get away with?
Picked up a very sharp Caruso from Ben and his company recently. Best purchase I have made in a long time. Thanks!
You can get one for ~$300 at an off 5th store if you catch the sales right. Can't speak much for the quality as I don't know. They are quite excited to display the Loro Piana and Zegna cloth labels.
I already received it and yes it is in fact cream. The cream is dark enough I could wear it March-October/November. Regardless, an excellent value at $600 shipped.
Just wanted to update all of you who were so generous with your help. I ended up purchasing this Corneliani from Stephen Muldoon.   http://www.stage.stephenmuldoon.com/products/Corneliani-Cream-Two-Piece-Suit.html   it arrived last weekend and is being altered. After the VAT was removed I only ended up paying $597, $200 less than the fused Hugo Boss I was considering. I am obviously thrilled. When I get it back I will post pics. Once again I really appreciate everyone's...