or Connect

Posts by bigtimebuck4

is indocino an option at $400?
I lost a tremendous amount of respect for French fashion standards when on my my most recent trip to champ d'elysees I saw a 45 minute line to gain entrance to the Abercombie and Fitch store.
I own a pair of Meermin double Monks and they are awesome. So awesome I intended to slowly build my collection with nothing but Meermin, but it takes so long to receive a pair I am thinking of buying Ferragamo or Testoni instead (at steep discount). How do you think the quality of these brands compare to Meermin? Should I spend $300 on Ferragamo / Testoni I can take home today or ~$200 on Mermins that will take forever? 
for suits, I think the best value is Samuelsohn. You can get a fully canvassed, super 120's suit made in the first world for $1300 retail.
If you chose a dark blue suit and plan to wear a white shirt you have made two conservative choices so you can be more aggresive with your tie. I like a pastel orange or lavender print.
just found this thread and wanted to say PB is one of the most under appreciated brands on this site. Incredible quality. Just goes to show you how much marketing matters.
I was in Madrid this summer and tracked down their location but unfortunately they were closed for August (I don't know why this didn't occur to me before I set out for the store). Let me know how it goes, the price point is very competitive for the reported quality.
does capri work for Joseph Abboud, Nordstom Rack, or just have an affinity for the brand? Regardless I tend to agree with him. I like the cut / styling of their line, and they tend to use nicer fabric than other suits in the same price range. I would compare the brand Hugo Boss, which has a much better (probably undeserved) reputation. I am not sure about them being half canvassed though, thought they were all fused.   FWIW, I picked up one of their unconstructed SCs...
When I first got mine they were a bit narrow on the sides, enough that I had buyers remorse. However, after a wearing them a few times and a month in proper shoe trees they are fantastic. Best shoes I own and I am glad I listened to the sales rep.
The employee i worked with sized me perfectly, although I was able to go into the store which obviously helps. I don't know if this is what you were asking.