or Connect

Posts by violethour1951

Ravello SWBs  looking very good. What do you do for the winter commute?
Very nice. I've come to appreciate commando soles over leather soles on boots.
For sale is a pair of Alden Navy Suede Unlined plain toe blucher, size 8.5D in Barrie last. I bought them from a fellow forumer a few months ago but did not get around to wearing them much. See the original listing here. Beautiful, rich navy suede, great for the spring and summer. As far as I know, the suede has not been treated with any protective coating.   The first few photos are from the original listing. I had Topys installed on the front soles (see the last 2...
Ravello SWBs    
Dwight really needs to do something about that free throw
For one thing, they're closing in on the weight difference between the Retina Pro and the Air -- 3.57lbs for the 13" Retina Pro vs. 2.96lbs for the 13" MBA. I'd choose the Retina Pro over the Air.
For those who sent 256s back to the factory to install handgrips, about how long did it take to do?
Depends on the last. Most Alden boots are on the Trubalance/Barrie last and the common experience has been to size down 1/2. Some boots are on the Grant last which is supposed to be true to size.
What's the consensus on the Marlow shell wingtips sizing? I've seen in this thread that some felt it's 1/4 size too big, others 1/2 size too big.   I'm a standard US 9D and I have a pair of size 9D Marlows that are slipping in the heels just slightly enough for me to find them a bit uncomfortable during long walks.   If someone here has a pair in 8.5D and is experiencing the opposite problem, I would be interested in a trade (see my sig below).
For sale is a pair of gently worn Ralph Lauren Marlow wingtip derbies (1, 2) in brown shell cordovan (size 9D), crafted by Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren. This is a beautiful pair of shoes with a timeless design. They've been brushed/buffed after every other wearing and conditioned once with Venetian Shoe Cream. I had Topys installed on the front sole as well.   I would keep them if they weren't just a bit too big. They should fit you well if you take e.g. a 9D in...