or Connect

Posts by violethour1951

A question on shoe care for antique cognac calf: is Saphir's neutral cream polish or mid brown cream polish better?
It's HY's policy to not disclose their manufacturers.
I asked Jamison about restocks of the flannel pants. The Italian-made ones are not going to be restocked until next fall. 
  If you want to have rubber soles like vibram Topys installed, it's actually better to have some wear on the sole as it allows the sole to adhere better.   Gus Shoe Repair on the North Side of Chicago does a good job with rubber soles.
Shell prices are sure going up quickly... they were in the mid-$600s not that long ago.
cigar really is a great color for LHS, enjoy
For sale is a pair of lightly used Alden color #8 shell cordovan Leisure Hand-Sewn (LHS) loafers, size 8.5C in the Van last. You can't go wrong with these classic American loafers. Retails for $619 at TheShoeMart.   I bought them from a fellow forum member not long ago (original listing here) and wore them out a few times. Parting with them as I can't quite pull off the loafers look. For reference, I wear a 8.5D in Alden's Barrie last, 9D in most Allen Edmonds, and I...
uncle, these cigar LHS are o/s, better than your ravello LHS in my opinion.
I love my natural chromexcel belt and would definitely buy some more in other colors, hopefully they come out sooner than fall of next year!
I had handgrips installed on my 256s and thought I'd share some data points for those who are interested. IMO it is a lot more comfortable to carry the 256 with the handgrip.   The 256 doesn't come with a handgrip initially and I contacted Filson about putting one on mine. They asked me to ship it out to them in Seattle. The entire process took a little over 2 weeks and cost $20, not including the initial cost of shipping to Filson.