or Connect

Posts by violethour1951

I stand corrected! Good to know, thanks.
I don't think Alden makes any LWBs that are not on the Barrie last, unless it's a custom order (there's a forumer who had 5 pairs of #8 LWBs custom made in the Grant last).
For those who are on the fence about these gloves, don't hesitate -- these gloves are wonderfully soft, warm, and sharp-looking. I'm sure they will last me many winters. Shaya is also an excellent seller, the package made its way to me in the US in less than a week.   FYI I'm halfway between a 8.5 and 9 and the 8.5 medium fit me perfectly.

Same here -- 8.5D Barrie, 8.5C Van, with the Van being a little on the tight side
I bought my Venetian Shoe Cream a few months ago from Fore Supply Co: http://bit.ly/VMdPND   IIRC the shipping charge was not too bad, I'd recommend it (although 32oz is about a lifetime supply worth of Venetian Cream)
FWIW, #8 is the classic color for cordovan leather -- that is, if you mention cordovan leather to someone who knows what it is, chances are they will be thinking about the #8 color. Some even refer to the #8 color as "cordovan" color.
For sale is a J.Crew Timex Vintage Field Army Watch. I got it earlier this year from J.Crew but did not wear it very much. Looks great, keeps good time, and in great condition -- it has just a little wear on the strap around where it is fastened. Comes with the olive-toned NATO watch strap pictured and the original box.   Features: Stainless steel watch case. Quartz analog movement. 50M water-resistant. Fits 18mm watch straps (there are plenty of...
Ravello SWBs  looking very good. What do you do for the winter commute?
Very nice. I've come to appreciate commando soles over leather soles on boots.