or Connect

Posts by violethour1951

For sale is a Waterfield Designs "Cargo" Messenger Bag. Size Medium "Lead Iridium" front flap Paragliding buckle   This is a fantastic messenger bag for everyday use, looks great and well-constructed. I've had it for about 3 years and the only signs of wear are on the front buckle.
Patina Sunday -- after plenty of mac method last night and this morning:   Top: #8 LHS; Cigar Captoe Boots (Alden DC); Cigar Indy (Leffot) Bottom: #8 LWB; Ravello LWB (Alden DC); Ravello SWB (Leathersoul); AF21 Whiskey LWB (AoC)   Of interest is the difference between the two pairs of Ravello shell. The LWB is newer and has a more ruby hue than the SWB.
I was just applying some Venetian on my cordovan shoes tonight -- a task long overdue, seeing as the shell absorbed the cream so quickly. Some dye does come off on the cloth when I apply Venetian, sure, but the same happens when I buff (a la mac method) the shoes anyway. If you're concerned about the dye you can supplement occasionally with paste wax.
Navy Print Tie E.G. Cappelli 60 x 3.5   Worn a few times, looks like new.   SOLD
Double-soled shell LWBs are too heavy for summer wear, but e.g. unlined shell loafers are fine.
I would like a second opinion here -- got a daytime wedding to attend this summer. The groom requested charcoal/dark grey suits and purple/violet ties for the groomsmen. I am thinking a grenadine would do nicely.   I am looking to choose from these 3, but am also open to other suggestions. At the moment, the dark purple/black grenadine fina appeals the most to...
1.75in here as well. You really need cuffs on lighter weight cloths to get a decent drape.
Good day for some Ravello... Alden x Leather Soul Ravello SWBs, Barrie last
Cain looking good today. Got a feeling Lincecum is going to suck again this season...
A few months ago I was at the post office in downtown Chicago and saw the workers "revolting" against the manager/supervisor on duty. There was a long line and nobody was being served at the counters. Meanwhile all the workers at the counters were busy folding flyers and stuffing them into envelopes, ignoring the customers in line. The supervisor stomped around yelling at them to stop.   Apparently, they were told to help send out some local govt flyers and didn't like...