or Connect

Posts by violethour1951

What I meant is that the label size 15 1/3 - 34 1/3 is actually about 15 5/6 - 34 5/6. They label it as 1/2in less to account for possible shrinkage. In my case, cold wash and hang-drying the shirt led to very little shrinkage, so the final measurement is around 15 3/4 - 34 3/4. 
True, but according to their fit guide, the listed sizes are 1/2in less than the true size, to account for possible shrinkage. I've found 15 1/3 - 34 1/3 is really around 15 3/4 - 34 3/4 after wash.
Has a black shell Greeley boot been done? That would be my ideal foul-weather city shoes, perhaps even better than EG Shannons.
Sold.
Bogut had some really good offensive rebounds in the second half, Huge asset to their playoffs effort
Couple of close calls last night all went to Miami... especially the foul on Noah near the end of the 4th when he fought Bosh for a rebound. That possession could have tied the game and bring back the sliding offense for the Bulls.
For sale is a beautiful pair of Epaulet worsted flannel "Walt" trousers in the sold-out "Tropical Pine" grey color, size 32. This color looks grey indoors but takes on a rich green undertone outside. They've been worn lightly and are in great shape.   [[SPOILER]] Price includes shipping in the CONUS.
Got my first batch of Kamakura OCBDs. Shipping via Japan Post EMS was incredibly fast -- order placed Monday, dispatched Tuesday from Tokyo, arrived in Chicago by Thursday.   These are exceptional quality shirts for the price. The Tokyo Slim Fit is great if you're looking for a real slim fit. I'm 6'1 and normally take a 16-35 in Brooks Bros Extra-Slim Fit shirts (which billow terribly around the waist, time to throw them all out). I went with a 15 1/3 - 34 1/3 in the...
Writing this as a follow-up to my post here a few months ago, when I was looking for recommendations for a new iron.   I got a Reliable Velocity V50, based on a recommendation in another thread. It has worked very well over the past 2 months. I use it every weekend (only with distilled water) and it generates plenty of steam, is quite heavy, and heats up fairly quickly. The controls are extremely easy to use, too. Hopefully it will continue to work well for years to...
For sale is a pair of Alden whiskey shell cordovan longwing blucher, size 8.5D in Barrie last. I bought it not long ago from a fellow forummer, see the original listing here.   I actually haven't worn these yet since I received them -- I've only done a mac method + Venetian Shoe Cream on them. I've found I prefer to get a pair of chukkas in whiskey shell cordovan instead.   Given the rumoured shell cordovan shortage from Horween tannery, it may be a long while...