or Connect

Posts by Legal Eagle

Just read that, thanks.  Feeling assure on the quality, at least for the price. However, my OCD is setting in and I'm kind of doubting myself on the Barberis dark charcoal mini herringbone fabric that I chose.  It was between that and a slightly lighter shark skin charcoal. The herringbone is hard to see in many lights, but I am worried it is going to look striped.  I wanted a nice solid that will look great and not trendy and was a little worried on having too much...
Okay, so now Samuelsohn says they can do the vest, and that they do one all the time for a certain customer. I went to the trunk show last night and placed a deposit.  A chose a dark charcoal Barberis "A" range with a faint herringbone.  Thee herringbone at least on the fabric swatch is hard to see unless you look closely or view at a certain angle.  The fabric is a 120s, 8 3/4 oz wool.  I was thinking maybe a little lighter, but that would mean moving to mid gray...
Thanks.  I hope I was not compromising much on quality by going this route. I haven;t really heard any bad things on Samuelsohn.
Well, just got back from the trunk show. Ended up plunking down a deposit.  Dorian was the Sammy rep that measured me.  Boy, was he knowledgeable! Adjusting for longer left arm, arms set back from shoulders, 43 inch chest on a 42 body jacket, 37 inch pants on a 36 inch waist band to allow more room in the seat and hips, etc.  Ended up going with a deep charcoal, faint herringbone 120s, 8 3/4 oz "A" fabric from Barberis.  Seemed pretty nice and should have an excellent...
I now agree. I looked at my dot ties at home, and they are all diagonally dispersed in an "X" fashion.  I take it there is nothing inherently incorrect about wearing a dot tie for wedding then, and that it is equally acceptable as the plaid (which I do not care for) and the sheperd's check.
Gable, I will check that one out then.  I take it most people just order what is shown in the sketch books then.
Good to know on the soft shoulders.  Wonder how they compare to the PRL Blue Label soft shoulders. I will check out the trunk show tonight.  My primary concerns are that: a) I don't know how much this one-off creation will cost and b) I don't know how well it will be executed. I have to believe that, at some point, Sammy has done this vest before.  It isn't as though I am asking for something that is completely unheard of.  Also Greenfield and PRL offer it is as a stock...
Apparently, Sammy does not offer a DB, peak lapel vest.  I just heard from the trunk show rep who is in town at Fitzgerald's here in GR.  It is available to do as a custom order item, though.  Anyone have any experience in doing Samuelsohn MTM and deviating from the stock or default options, particularly with vests? I assume it might be pretty risky, cost factor aside. Wondering if I am better with Greenfield or PRL.  Also need to make sure I can get a nice, soft shoulder.
Samuelsohn cannot do the vest that I want without doing a custom job, which, in my opinion would be risky and is expensive.  I have long ago decided against H Freeman.  Deciding now between Polo Blue Label and Greenfield Golden Fleece MTM, both at the same price, give or take $60.  Advantage of GG MTM is that there are so many little customization options, like specifying the lining, etc.  Polo is not truly a MTM, as you more or less just choose from styles and have a...
Going through this wedding tie decision myself right now.  What do people think of this with a 2B, peak lapel charcoal three piece suit and a white french cuff collar pin shirt?   Should the dots be closer, or is this acceptable?