Posts by Legal Eagle

Update. Here is the latest. I am having the suit sleeves shortening a tad more, as basically no cuff was showing. Sleeves were removed and the shoulders were narrowed. The tailor thinks he needs to widen the sleeve a tad because there was a small amount of pulling. There is essentially no back collar roll anymore.  How bad is it looking?  I am considering possibly shortening the jacket just a hair. I usually wear short sizes, and this is a regular RLPL, with a BOC that...
How about a Toyota and a Rolex? 😆
I have similar shoulders. A 42R in Samuelsohn Gable, RTW is about as good as I can get off the rack, as far as not having the dreaded collar rumple. It does require some side alterations in waist.  My wedding suit was a Gable MTM.   But there was something about not having a RLPL suit (owning shirts and ties, etc) that made we want to take the plunge. Plus at that price point, it was hard to pass. Anyway, I'm either going to be happy, or will have learned a lesson and...
Thanks, I hope so too. You got me thinking though, does the Drake PL model normally have a lot of shoulder padding? Suit is from Fall 2014, purchased NWT.  
The suit is actually the Drake.  There is a decent amount of shoulder padding in it.   The cost to redo the jacket is only $70, and my tailor was confident that he would do a great job.  $10 to do cuffs on the pants So, I'll basically be into the suit for $680.  I know he's a great tailor, probably the best in my city and he seemed very convincing.  Hoping I didn't make a mistake, but I guess there's only one way to truly find out.    
Just got back from my tailor. He says he can do the suit. It is too big in the shoulders so he will remove the sleeves and take the shoulders in. He's also going to take the jacket out a little on the sides.  Also, he is going to remove the back collar wrinkle and do the sleeves.  I'm going with nonfunctioning buttonholes for the time being. I need to make sure everything is spot on before committing to buttonholes, if in fact I do it. He recommended against dropping down...
Just got this suit. No alterations have been made. It's completely unfinished. Here is a front shot. I can get better pics but I am having my tailor take a look tomorrow. My concerns are primarily the shoulders. There's a crinkling below the back center collar- like basically all OTR suits I try on- and this appears to be having some effect on the shoulders. Do the shoulders appear far too wide? The padding is slightly more than I typically associate with RPL. Also, I...
In no particular order, based either upon impact and/or quality and style.   Ralph Lauren Calvin Klein (though not anything of recent memory) C.C. Filson Levis Strauss Brooks Brothers Giorgio Armani Oxxford Clothes Brioni Turnbull & Asser Hickey Freeman John Lobb Allen Edmonds Charvet Hermes Borrelli Edward Green Burberry Ermenegildo Zegna
My wedding is coming up in October of this year, and while I have the 3 piece suit down, I presently planned to wear a T&A royal oxford white FC shirt, with a silver small box Drakes tie I got from Mr. Porter.  Groomsmen will be wearing either solid navy or solid charcoal lounge suits, with TML ties, gifted.    After reading this thread, I am now considering wearing perhaps a small patterned or silver hand-tied bow tie as the groom. And I would keep the groomsmen in...
Still waiting on mine. I agree that they should make it right for you, even if it includes recutting a new jacket.  Samuelsohn is a very reputable company, but they can only go by what measurements they are given.  If your SA got something wrong, I would believe that the men's shop (not Sammy) should eat the cost of making it right.  In my case, I know the Samuelsohn Rep measured me for a 43 based upon my shoulders and said they would tailor the chest and waist accordingly.