or Connect

Posts by Charlesmbush

I was browsing a few MTM sites today and made some comparisons.   I found that Luxire is hard to beat for the money, though they list Zambaiti as the fabric source and I've never heard of them. I can get shirts in either 120s or 140s (plain white twill) pretty cheaply. For a little over twice the price I can get Thomas Mason 120s from NiAlma. Proper Cloth is more still, while MyTailor seems to be comparable to NiAlma with a huge selection for both lower and...
You're telling me, after I found Rugby, it was hard to even consider much else. They had (almost) everything I was looking for. I hope something rises up from RL to replace it's quality, fit, and value. D&S is a step down in my experience, and Club Monaco just doesn't have the kind of pieces I really dug from Rugby.
Uniqlo is pretty low quality stuff, I've had some of their pants, as well as Express, and I count them as comparable to one another, but definitely a step or two  down from the likes of PRL and Rugby. Brooks Brothers only list sizes down to 30/30 on their site, and I wear 28/30. I have the same problem with J. Crew, which only offers 32" inseams with their  28" waist. I would have to hem every pair of pants I would buy from them, and I was hoping to skip that. PRL may be...
Brooks Brothers for what? Their shirts are pretty billowy, even the extra slim fit, from what I have read. I didn't see a slim-fit pant, and their sweaters are as billowy and shopping-mall drab as it gets. I may try one of their shirts if I can find them in person, but nothing grabs me enough to chance it for the price.   Speaking of which, shirts seem to be fairly cheap for MTM, and so should be easy to replicate in fit. How does the quality of MTM sources like...
I was just wondering earlier today, what do you guys look for in clothing, what really drives you in getting the pieces you do?   Is it looks alone, letting fashion, your impulsive eye, and your mirror guide you?   Do you look for pieces that will last decades, or do you constantly clean and restock your wardrobe?   Is your quest one of "Fit First; Ask Questions Later"?   Do you care where your clothes are made, or the conditions they are made...
Hi all, I'm a pretty slim guy (34R jacket most places, 36R in Rugby, 28x30 pants), and I was seriously dismayed at the demise of Rugby Ralph Lauren in February (My wife bought me a couple sweaters for Christmas, and I hadn't looked on there since, so I had no idea until it was too late).   Rugby was pretty much my one-stop-shop for shirts and sweaters, and even jackets and sportcoats. Their 36R jackets fit me like a glove, and I've not been able to come close to the...
As a young man, I am a regular patron of Ralph Lauren for the sturdiness of his button-up shirts, though I honestly only shop the Rugby line these days, for the extremely trim fit (an important and rare quality in any OTR shirting line under $100), and end up very satisfied with quality shirts for $50-$80, though the style and increasing use of the "skull & bones" logo has stimed my patronage as of late. I usually find J. Crew clothing to be stylish if a bit overpriced,...
So, Lewis or Wang, either way they're still great shoes underselling the competition? KW seems to have a limited selection at present, is this normal? (The black Balmoral is a wonderful looking specimen, if only it came in brown or (heaven forbid) oxblood) If he had a more fleshed out lineup of shoes, he could make a name for himself on that alone, not to mention his already hyped suiting.
Kent, any chance of your stocking linen or cotton-only fabrics for summer suits any time soon?
Hello all, I've been looking over Kent Wang's site and the affiliate thread for a few days now, and I must say I am impressed all around (I came for the suits, stayed for... everything). I plan on trying out one of his suits as soon as funds become available. After I looked at his shoe selections, I realized I was in the market for shoes such as his as well. (Funny how that happens, isn't it?) They look superb and their pricing for the ostensible quality seems enormous....