or Connect

Posts by Layered Player

Thank you sir...it's fully canvassed but very lightly constructed...great summer jacket! Are they known as a higher end manufacturer?
Any ideas gents?    
That's exactly what I meant. Thanks benhour, I suspected as much.  Damned shame given how solid it's construction is. I've gotten the Lexol on them and it's helped a bit but I'm sure I'll have to hit them with tinted creme at some point as the underlying calf is lighter. Thanks all for the continued input, I'll get updated pics asap.
If this is accurate, they are NOT corrected grain.  Used 70% alcohol and got color. They're very sturdily constructed and fully leather lined...should be interesting once I get Lexol on em.
I DIG the toebox, wish every dress shoe I owned had it's profile. Yes, I'm a C and these are D but still fit well enough and the creasing was there when I got them.  They became more pronounced and were lighter than the surrounding leather so I noticed immediately and began to try to remediate. Soles and insoles are pristine, they were barely worn...maybe they were too small for my uncle? All great suggestions, this will be a grand adventure!
The leather everywhere else on the shoe is gorgeous and they were worn about twice and stored in my uncles closet in Abilene, probably dried em out a bit. I've got some Lexol coming and have already hit em with Renovateur just to see and that actually seemed to help a bit.  Gonna pick up some cordovan crème Monday and continue to try to bring them back to life if possible. If not, they'll be a half decent crappy weather shoe. edit: if corrected grain they WILL be a crappy...
well shit...guess Aristocraft ain't what they used to be...I'm going to continue to work em, what the hell.
Got a few pics, lighting is crap but I hope they help.    
Thanks for the input gentlemen, I'll try to get some pics this weekend; we're slated for MORE SNOW here in Maine so I'll spend Sunday doing shoe work.
 Duly noted...I have Renovateur and Saphir crème polish, will that do?