or Connect

Posts by Layered Player

As it should be. My father gave me his Constellation and my older brother his old Hamilton 992B pocket watch and switch keys from his younger days on the Santa Fe in person right before he died and left instructions with my mother for all his wardrobe items that he knew we'd want, the rest went to consignment.  Damn shame too, he had a closet full of classic American makers from the 60's to the 90's but he was a 46L and I'm 42 R; you do the math.                        ...
 I'm doing this as well with a nephew who's asked for all my father's things. My oldest son (24) has ZERO interest and the youngest (15 mos) who has yet to declare, naturally have right of first and second refusal on anything else.
My wife is 21 years younger so she'll most likely have this task so I asked her what she was going to do.   She said that her first pool boy would probably be a 42 Reg.   I can die happy...I guess.
 Hot DAYUM.
As a vintage clothing aficionado I'm instructing my survivors to donate or consign the better pieces they don't want themselves.   I've asked a few friends about this and most of them haven't given it a second thought.   Please tell me I'm not the only one.    
My wife agrees with me on the wine and beer thing too.  Fortunately she also agrees about shoes and I knew she was a keeper when I bought a pair of AE Strands and she didn't blink.
I did this last summer. Granted I was wearing a khaki suit and it was Maine so...
After showing this thread to my wife she said that we're worse than women about shoes.   I take that as a compliment.
My friend, NOBD looks good EVERY day...the bastid.   Just sayin.
+1000