or Connect

Posts by Layered Player

Did damned near the same thing with a silk PS...got a little outta hand on the way in...
 Absolutely LOVE these...and the chancellor of the exchequer (wife) says it's a wise investment...she prefers the woven silk in the first image though.
        Sorry for the crappy iPhone pics...still haven't convinced my wife that a new camera is warranted.   Borrelli jacket-double vented, patch pockets Tommy Bahama shirt vintage 80's dead stock Bert Pulitzer tie (found it an two others in their original packaging, 99 cents each) thrifted tie bar with small opal LL Bean trousers Happy Socks Allen Edmonds cap toes   The last pic is my effort to highlight the boutonniere latch sewn onto the back of...
I really dug the fabrics of his suits...he was muted but had these great jewel toned windowpanes and pin stripes... and his contrast collar shirts, albeit with a more modern collar and all those great bow ties! Let's not forget the boutonniere...wish men would take that up again.
I only wore mine with my dress uniform...I don't see how women put up with all that stuff.
 And it is some good stuff!!  I'd love to have Nucky's closet!
Hard habit to break. In Basic Training my Instructor had me fill up my pockets with gravel and walk around with it for the day.
Just bought a new one myself...been binge watching Boardwalk Empire again, mostly for the wardrobe!
          None of these are familiar to me.   The suit looks nice enough, peak lapel two button (slightly higher buttoning stance than I'm used to) pick stitching, jetted pockets, ticket pocket, side vents...rise is slightly higher than current fashion as well.   Sorry about the tilted image, it reads: Fabric by Marzotto.   Anyone?