or Connect

Posts by velvel87

Thanks! Allen Edmonds got back to me after sending them the shoes. They said it could happen if shoes are left unworn for a long period of time, but it should be undone after wearing them a few times. What are you going to end up doing? Keeping or returning?
Really? Did you by them like that? I've never seen that before and I even have another pair to compare it against. The leather in that area also feels rougher which made me think water damage
Picked up a pair of new AE Ashton's on eBay because I really want the comfort, but something seems off with the leather on the shoes. I also have another new pair of Ashtons in a different size that I picked up from a Nordstrom Rack and the difference by the toe cap/throat is visible. The shoe in my size on the left has a visible outline of the leather beneath it. The leather also feels a bit coarse compared to the smoothness of the shoe on the right. What do you think...
Picked up a pair of new Ashton's on eBay because I really want the comfort, but something seems off with the leather on the shoes. I also have another new pair of Ashtons in a different size that I picked up from a Nordstrom Rack and the difference by the toe cap/throat is visible. The shoe in my size on the left has a visible outline of the leather beneath it. The leather also feels a bit coarse compared to the smoothness of the shoe on the right. What do you think...
Anyone else who gets emails from Sierra Trading Post notice that the discount dropped this week? They sent an email out with a 25% discount saying that they have adjusted their prices to offer more daily value. Meaning that the discounts will be smaller but the original price will be lower. However, I haven't seen any changes to the prices, just smaller discounts. Are the days of the additional 35% to 50% over?
Thanks. That makes sense to me so I guess I'll just send them back to the guy I bought them from for $75. Would be nice to get a comparable pair for AE but I don't think it's their responsibility to replace them.
I emailed Allen Edmonds just to see if the issue was normal and they sent me a UPS shipping label and told me to send it in stating the issue and proof of purchase.I said in the email that I didn't purchase the shoes from Allen Edmonds. Do you think I can use an ebay receipt as a proof of purchase? Sound a little crazy but great if they honor it.
Picked up a pair of Allen Edmonds Hillsborough's online new in box but something is off with the heel. Is this normal/can it be easily fixed through just wearing them? The heel only touches the ground at its most forward point. It will lay flat-ish if I put the shoes on, but I feel the added pressure by the most forward point of the heel. Any thoughts?
Picked up a pair of Allen Edmonds Hillsborough's online new in box, but something is off with the heel. Is this normal/can it be easily fixed through just wearing them? The heel only touches the ground at its most forward point. It will lay flat-ish if I put the shoes on, but I feel the added pressure by the most forward point of the heel. Any thoughts?
Selling a nice pair of Ralph Lauren Purple Label Chinos. I believe these are the Eaton model by I can't confirm. They are a low rise slim fitting pant. Size 38 100% Cotton Made in Italy Retail $295 Zip fly with a buttoned closure. Finished curtain waistband. Flat front. Two front angled pockets. Right hip coin pocket. Two back buttoned pockets. Measurements (Approximate): Rise - 9 1/2" Leg opening - 8" Knee - 9" Inseam - 38" Unfinished Waist - 19 1/2"...