or Connect

Posts by velvel87

In case any of you are interested, my wife gave me the "no go" on the jacket so I put it up on SF. http://www.styleforum.net/t/394073/nwt-ralph-lauren-purple-label-sport-coat-40r Thanks again for your input. Would have been really nice to add to the wardrobe but you have to choose your battles.
Selling a new Ralph Lauren Purple Label Dark Brown Flannel Sport Coat. Size 40R I am selling the jacket at a lower price because of the unique status of the jacket. I believe the jacket is actually an orphaned suit jacket that was part of a three piece suit from the 2012 winter collection. However, because the jacket is a solid color and flannel (light to medium weight), it works perfectly as a sport coat. I also asked the forum for their opinion on this and they agreed...
Thanks, everyone. What kind of buttons would you suggest? The jacket actually came without front buttons, but has the regular dark brown buttons on the sleeves. Either way, I am going to have to do button work. Either matching the buttons from the sleeve or redoing the whole thing.
I found this really nice Ralph Lauren Purple Label flannel wool jacket at a discount store at a heavily reduced price and picked it up. I realized when I tried it on at home that it was probably an orphaned jacket, but given that its a solid dark brown flannel jacket, I think it can easily be worn as a sport jacket. I don't think it would be a question if it was navy with a notched lapel. I was hoping to get the opinion of the forum to see if you agree. Can this be easily...
Head over to a Nordstrom Rack and you should be able to find something in your price range and in your size. They may even have some clearance stuff still available, which can get you close to Allen Edmonds. Let us know how it goes.
Thanks. Took the jacket back to the store. Let it be someone else's project
Any updates on what you ended up doing? How did the suit come out?
I'm going to take the lack of responses as a sign that the pilling is insignificant. Jacket will be going up on B&S thread with detailed explanation of condition.
I found a Ralph Lauren Black Label Anthony cashmere sport jacket in an outlet recently and I'm not familiar enough with 100% cashmere jackets to know what is "normal" pilling - if any. I know they say that high quality cashmere doesn't pill, but I called Ralph Lauren and they said that it is normal to get some pilling and that I should have a cleaner trim it. The pilling is mainly on the lapels, collar and shoulder. Is this normal or am I asking for a headache? The jacket...
Nice shoes but you might want to add a few more pictures so we can get a better sense of the wear on them.