or Connect

Posts by velvel87

I bought this nice looking used RLPL dress shirt on ebay last week (out of boredom) and I think I might have bought a fake. The seller has a great rating, and the fabric feels nice, but there are certain things that are off. Biggest being that I've never heard of RLPL putting made in Great Britain on their labels. I've seen England, but not Great Britain. Also, the buttons are very thin. I'm used to RLPL having thick pearl buttons. Beyond that, I have a hard time telling...
I hear you. If you really have your heart set on it, can you wait until after July 4th? That's when you'll see the greatest discount.If you have the ability to drive to New Jersey, the Off 5th Outlet on Route 4 in Paramus has a nice size rack of Brioni, Corneliani and Canali suits. The Corneliani and Canali are around $750 if you buy two. That's not a great price, but in comparison to what you would be getting from Brooks Brothers, it is far superior and has a lot more...
Which city do you live in? There are some very nice full canvassed suits in outlet stores like Off 5th or Neimen Marcus Last Call for a similar price range. The difference in quality will be great.
That's funny. I just noticed yesterday that there is an ebay seller who does a lot of RLPL, and he sold someone an RLPL tshirt for $150 - that was the discounted price. I couldn't believe people who spend that type of money on a t-shirt. I'd love to hear the logic behind the purchase. "Well I really like quality t-shirts and at $150, it's a steal!"
Not sure why you're waiting around for a BB 1818 suit. They aren't worth more than $300, which is a price you'll pretty much never see in store. I saw that a few SF members were selling BB suits for $295. You should check them out.
I've recently read some posts recently about designers who offer great value or posts that argue reasons to invest more in quality garments rather than spending less on inferior clothing. This made me wonder about all the designer who are blatant rip offs, who rest on their laurels and charge a lot of money for very little quality. I'm sure we can all think of a few and I thought it would be fun to compile a list. Which designers do you think are the biggest rip off? Who...
Loving this brown.
In case any of you are interested, my wife gave me the "no go" on the jacket so I put it up on SF. http://www.styleforum.net/t/394073/nwt-ralph-lauren-purple-label-sport-coat-40r Thanks again for your input. Would have been really nice to add to the wardrobe but you have to choose your battles.
Selling a new Ralph Lauren Purple Label Dark Brown Flannel Sport Coat. Size 40R I am selling the jacket at a lower price because of the unique status of the jacket. I believe the jacket is actually an orphaned suit jacket that was part of a three piece suit from the 2012 winter collection. However, because the jacket is a solid color and flannel (light to medium weight), it works perfectly as a sport coat. I also asked the forum for their opinion on this and they agreed...
Thanks, everyone. What kind of buttons would you suggest? The jacket actually came without front buttons, but has the regular dark brown buttons on the sleeves. Either way, I am going to have to do button work. Either matching the buttons from the sleeve or redoing the whole thing.