or Connect

Posts by velvel87

You can try calling a store and just asking for a model to see if they have it.
Walked into the AE store on 43rd Street in NYC this morning and was shocked to see a work meeting going on between Paul Grangaard (CEO), Jim Kass (Vice President), and Joseph Abboud. There were also some other executives there who I did not recognize. It looked like they were collaborating on new shoe styles. They were extremely friendly and seemed happy to speak with me at length about the brand and the industry. Really a fantastic experience and memorable...
Sent it to Allen Edmonds and they said this can happen if the shoes are sitting around on their side for a long time. In this case it was several years. The shoes overall look and feel great and they will even out from wearing them. Got them for a great deal so I really can't go wrong. Also, I like the sleek styling on these, although I'd prefer a penny loafer with this sole, but I'll be just fine with these.
I like the idea of the Shannon Drive but I agree it would probably be best for a plain toe oxford in brown. Kind of like a mock boot look. I switched jobs and the normal attire in my office is very casual - lots of sneakers and boots. Something like this would be great in the office and make the walk around the city a lot more enjoyable.
Selling a beautiful pair of Ralph Lauren Purple Label 5-Pocket Navy Flannel Pants Marked a size 30x32, but I measured the waist across and it's 16.5 inches, meaning it really fits like a 32. Belt loops. Zip fly with our signature shank closure. Five-pocket styling with signature metal rivets. Signature leather "Ralph Lauren"–debossed logo patch at the back right waist. 98% cotton, 2% elastane. Dry clean. Made in Italy.
Selling new with tags luxurious Ralph Lauren Purple Label cotton oxford shirt. Color: Blue Size: Medium (Fits a typical 15-5 to 16 dress shirt) Button-down point collar. Applied buttoned placket. Genuine mother-of-pearl buttons. Long sleeves with buttoned barrel cuffs. Measurements (Approximate): Shoulders - 19" Chest - 24" Waist - 22" Length - 32" Sleeve - 26"
Selling a pair of beautiful Ralph Lauren Purple Label navy flat front dress pants. I believe these are the Eaton model. They are made from a luxurious wool and has a slim leg silhouette Size 30 Low-rise belted waist. Zip fly with a buttoned closure. Finished curtain waistband. Angled pockets at the front. Buttoned welt pockets at the back. Unfinished hems ready for custom-tailoring. 100% wool. Made in Italy. Measurements (Approximate): Waist - 15.5" across with about...
Selling a fantastic pair of new in box Allen Edmond Ashtons. These are known to be Allen Edmonds most comfortable dress shoe. I own a pair and can vouch for the comfort. Really impressive and a must have for anyone who is on their feet a lot or really emphasizes comfort in a dress shoe. Condition: I believe these are factory seconds but I don't see any flaws. The only thing to note is that the shoes look like they've been tried on a few times and have been sitting around...
Thanks! Allen Edmonds got back to me after sending them the shoes. They said it could happen if shoes are left unworn for a long period of time, but it should be undone after wearing them a few times. What are you going to end up doing? Keeping or returning?
Really? Did you by them like that? I've never seen that before and I even have another pair to compare it against. The leather in that area also feels rougher which made me think water damage