or Connect

Posts by runningfrog

i'm trying to decide between the baker and the truman since both will be offered in grey herringbone.the main differences i see for the truman are:an additional flap ticket pocket and welt chest pocketfully lined (vs unlined for the baker)four buttons on the sleeve (vs two for the baker)anything else?has anyone had a chance to try on a truman? from the measurements on doo-bop's site, the fit looks like it will be similar to the baker. the truman is slightly bigger in the...
Mike - Are these the charcoal herringbone rivets you had at the end of 2010? These were the first rivets I tried to order, but my size was sold out. I'll definitely need to get in on these this time. The wool rivets also sound like they are a must for fall. Any swatches available?
lol!! the epaulet addiction comes swiftly and will ravage your bank account. i would advise your friend to forget about a budget. if i see something i really like and my size is available, i buy it because otherwise it will probably be gone by the next day. i have a "budget" which i am usually over, sometimes much much over.that said, i've accumulated a pretty good rotation of walts, rivets, and epaulet shirts since the end of 2010, so i don't feel like i *need* as much...
yes, you can use google translate to help fill out their forms and i paid using paypal. i sent them my address separately since they didn't really have fields for international orders. shipping (EMS) was kinda steep, 2000 yen or ~ $25. i guess the tax on some EG pieces would be more than $25 depending on where you live and what the piece is.they included a hand written note thanking me for my order and recommended EG.
damn, i'm loving that herringbone baker. doo-bop has great service, i bought a wm sweater from them last season.i'll wait until some us stockists get it to see how the pricing is. the yen conversion has it at $537.
meltonian water and stain protector
i'm on the hunt for a grey wool/herringbone jacket this season as well. the official catalog shows a baker jacket in this material. http://www.nepenthes.co.jp/brands/2012fw/details/eg/fig07.htmli'm hoping they also make a bedford with it.
I found this field guide to EG jackets, pretty basic but useful descriptions with pics: http://www.breathnaigh.org/breathnaigh--observations/2011/03/field-guide-to-engineered-garments-jackets.html
thanks timpo! i'd like to pickup a bedford this season, hopefully in herringbone. what's the main difference between the bedford and the baker? it looks like the bedford is a little more tailored while the baker is more relaxed.
Nice! I've been waiting for these Carmina belts to launch as I definitely need a brown dress belt. Any belts coming in caramel calf or cognac shell?