or Connect

Posts by Bertel

I don't like that huge, excessive welt and protruding sole (very visible here in these instagram pics), even more so with Norvegese, that Bonafé often use in combination as kind of their trademark sadly. These in my perception give the shoes a quite clunky aesthetic quality, at least in giant sizes like mine ;)   That's IMHO much better in e.g. many Carminas like the Tansjo boot europrep posted below, with sleek and sharp lines etc. But to each his own, of course.
I assume there's no overview information (pictures, drawings, ...) available on which loafers exist in the archives...? So it's probably "come up with an idea and we'll see how we can best match it", right?I could e.g. imagine a model like the C&J Marston (http://www.crockettandjones.com/product/marston-chestnut), maybe on the 363MOD or so...
@Leaves Oh yes, please do send pictures of that wonderful Sahara Lama once you receive them - I definitely see this for a dandy summer shoe! Do Bonafé have any loafers in their lineup?Or maybe this model: http://www.styleforum.net/t/48068/lightbox/post/7533205/id/1520783 ?Need to find a suitable makeup for this beautiful leather...
 So do I
X-post fom the 'Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes' thread:   Just fyi - placed the following MTO today:   Enzo Bonafé Double Monk Last: 946 Upper leather: Vitello Nero (Black calf) Size/width: UK 10, E width Construction/Sole: Black "Fondo chiuso" sole with Blake construction (slim waist) Lining: Red Goat Lining   I have for some while now obsessed over the thought that the 946 last would make the perfect last for a mean, lean, chiseled Darth Vader like Black Double...
Just fyi - placed the following MTO today:   Enzo Bonafé Double Monk Last: 946 Upper leather: Vitello Nero (Black calf) Size/width: UK 10, E width Construction/Sole: Black "Fondo chiuso" sole with Blake construction (slim waist) Lining: Red Goat Lining   I have for some while now obsessed over the thought that the 946 last would make the perfect last for a mean, lean, chiseled Darth Vader like Black Double Monk, even more so when paired with fire red lining. I...
Many thanks @sacafotos and @laufer !@Leaves , what is this "hand painted leather" that @laufer mentions above? Would you have a picture of it?
Many thanks for pointing that out @laufer ! I personally don't like the Betis Catagna, I find it a bit too tan-y and pale for my taste. Claret Museum is exactly what I was thinking of! From the swatch, it seems to come pretty close to the museum-y quality of the EG dark oak. How do you like it? Hidro Volpe would probably be the best match for the shaft.
@laufer This is exactly what I have in mind The quality of the upper leather here is critical for me. Do you know if Bonafé has a dark brown museum calf that can more or less keep up with the wonderful museum calf EG uses in the Shannon pictured above?
@laufer - This is an extremely beautiful shoe!! *gasp*What maker/model is this, is it already Bonafé on 804 last?If this is going to be just like in the picture, with museum calf and this beautiful shape, I am definitely interested!