or Connect

Posts by zero neck

Any idea if the Strand will be on sale?   And on the subject of the Strand, I really like the way it looks in Walnut but I just ordered a pair of Fifth Ave's in walnut.     Could I have an opinion as to whether I should return the Walnut Fifth aves and maybe get them in burnished brown, and get the Strand in Walnut? Or just keep the walnut fifth aves and consider getting the strands in burnished brown?   Decisions .. .  ahhhh     BTW, i saw seconds at...
I bought two London suits - one navy and one medium gray - no pics yet bc the sleeves are being let out by a tailor.  I have to say, while I don't have much experience with suits, the suits I purchased at suit supply seem vastly superior to the Boss Black Passolini suit I nearly went with before my visit to ss.   Next buys from Suit supply will be a charcoal Washington cut (higher button stance than the London but I think I can get used to it) and a lighter than navy...
Yeah, I grew up around the city and lived there for about 5 years.  I guess it just depends who you work for and what kind of clients you have to interact with.
I dont know where that poster is located, but New York is generally on the progressive side of things, unless you work at a very conservative office.  And he's just starting out so it might not be a good idea to rock the boat or anything.
Oh, that's right.  That was a poor choice on my end.  Ludlow might be somewhat fashion forward for finance.   Suit supply's Napoli cut might be a good option for a relatively slim but professional looking suit.
You might want to look at the Ludlow suit from Jcrew if you want a somewhat inexpensive OTR that is slim cut.     Depending where you're located, there is also a suitsupply in New York which has good quality suits for a reasonable price (pretty much unbeatable in the price dept).  They have numerous cuts, you could probably find one that suits your tastes.   If you can get a BB suit on sale they also make a pretty nice OTR suit in a couple of styles.  
I have Park Ave's and they are awesome.  I bought them full price, but their reputation is that they last for years, and then can be refurbished by Allen Edmunds to look like new for about 150 I believe.   I recently went to an Allen Edmonds outlet that sells only factory seconds to see what the seconds are like.  My impression was that, for business purposes, the 100 dollars you will save is not really worth while.  Many of the seconds that I saw had stitching errors,...
Thank you.   The McAllister is a little over the top with the broguing for my taste.     Any feedback on Allen Edmunds belts?  If i get the Walnut Fifth Ave, I was planning to pick up their dress belt in walnut as well.   Thanks again.
By a shortwing blutcher, do you mean something like the Strand?     I'm 28, my style of (professional) dress is basically classic with very few frills, and I like both the Vernon and Fifth Ave, and both lasts fit me well.   I like the Strand, not sure if that's what you mean by shortwing blutcher, but the strand looks very old fashioned to me, and while I actually like it alot, seems like it would be a bit less versatile.  In fact, I was thinking that my second...
Trying to decide on a pair of brown Allen Edmunds for work and maybe some casual wearing - generally expect to pair with slacks, ranging from khakis to light gray.     I am on the fence between the Fifth Avenue in walnut and the Vernon in Saddle brown.   I have a pair of Park Aves in black for suit days, darker slacks, etc.   So my question is basically this:  is the Vernon kind of just a modern take on a cap toe?   And generally, any suggestions?  I like...