or Connect

Posts by GusW

Check out 1ST PAT-RN made in Italy. Cool look. Only downside is the inseam length is around a 30-31" for us taller guys. But I heard that will change in the Spring.
I have mine made at mytailor.com. Very nice selection of options at different prices.
I've seen guys wear a similar jacket (dark blue overplaid on grey background) with pearl grey (light grey flannels) and it looks smart. The key is that you need good contrast between the grey in the jacket and the grey in the trousers. If there isn't enough contrast in the greys it usually looks "off".As far as chinos, my personal opinion is that chinos will work but stick to the lighter shades of beige and avoid the ones with a greenish, golden or brownish cast. They...
Four wheeled roll-on bags give up space that I could use for packing compared to a two wheel roll on. However, for a full size heavy checked bag, I love the ease of rolling and sliding a four wheel suitcase.
Why wouldn't you buy this again? Is it due to space efficiency? The hard shell? Too flashy?I've looked at these many times...so many that my wife keeps saying, "Please get one!" Love the looks of them, they are very cool, but I can squeeze more into my ballistic nylon roll-on from Briggs & Reilly. That makes a huge difference, to me, especially in winter with more bulk.I have also made it a personal rule to never check anything on an airline, in a hotel or convention...
The only solid medium grey blazer I've ever seen that worked for me had a textured, twill fabric with a slight heathered fabric, patch pockets and other subtle casual features. Otherwise, grey ends up looking like an orphaned suit jacket. I really like the grey with blue over plaid that you posted. That is ideal with jeans and more interested than a Blue Blazer and jeans. It would also look good with white or an off-white neutral cotton jean.
I started using Eagle Creek compression bags for this. They came in a multiple size three pack. They are super lightweight and they really work at compressing socks, underwear, etc., and make finding things that much easier in your case. It is one of those little things that make living out of a suitcase that much easier. I'm a huge fan.
I've been a long-time Chase United card holder that earns one point for every dollar spent. We have redeemed many miles for Business and First Class travel overseas over a ten year+ period. However, things have changed so much in the last year with the United program devaluing points and making it harder than ever to secure desired routes on required dates. I began to research options to the United program and this led me to other airlines and other credit card travel...
I was going through some boxes and came across a photo of a National Islander resophonic guitar that I used to own. This was the very last one that Don and McGregor made (I think they did a total of 100-200 of these). The headstock was laminated with pearloid MOTS, and the body was painted in a pinkish- teal heathered finish with a screened hula dancer on the front playing a uke. The back had an image of a large palm tree. I kept it hanging in my office for ages. Every...
I've done that for years, especially for multiple night business trips. But then I dont wear my gym clothes anywhere except the gym. I suppose if it was a casual getaway that might be different.