or Connect

Posts by GusW

I stopped by Standard & Strange today. They still have a bunch of stuff at blow out prices in the "Room of Doom" including many in $25 and $50 boxes. If you aren't local most of their jeans and things are I believe 25% off on their website. @StrangeJeremy was busy packing up a ton of orders from all over the country, ready to haul them to the Oakland PO.
Looking forward to getting down to Carmel soon.
My shirt wardrobe has pretty much revolved around solid white, light blue end-on-end and pink with a pencil stripe blue thrown in from time to time. The benefit of this simple mix is that they are easy to mix and always look good. However, now that I rarely ever wear a tie, having a shirt with a bit more pattern and color is appealing to me. A long-time #menswear acquaintance does very attractive fashion displays. More and more he is showing simple and multi colored...
As far as the color of your jacket, I find that a difficult color and fabric to work with (even with the cream or white jean suggestion). That fabric look was popular for a short period of time in the 80's and it soon faded away, I believe, because it wasn't very versatile. It's soft, light heathered fabric is hard to coordinate with other classic fabrics and colors in most mens wardrobes. If you want a more versatile brown jacket, I would suggest either a year-round...
I wear cream (off white) trousers with light brown jackets or jeans. Avoid a warm or bright cast of cream. Look for something soft and off-white.An off white or a pure white jean works too if you want something more casual. Levis has several options.
I bought a Dutch apple pie at The Original Hick'ry Pit Here is their breakfast menu in case you don't get enough to eat at dinner today. https://static1.squarespace.com/static/57daf3ee197aea5b4277cfdc/t/57f452e4893fc0ce0cd81484/1475629798198/11-15HickryPitBreakfast4web.pdf PS: you will need to buy larger jeans if you eat here regularly
"Trojan, the world leader in modern condom technology, announced today the company has developed the world’s thinnest-skin condom to date, and will market the new condom after the thinnest-skinned man to ever run for President of the United States, Donald J. Trump." (This may or may not be actual news)
Amazed how thin skinned our President Elect continues to be on his Twitter. If he can't take some SNL humor, how is he going to withstand a real test?
Our home was built 18 years ago. About time to remodel the Master Bath (Gold fixtures and travertine just aren't as "cool" as they once were, are they?). I'll probably be hanging around this thread a bit more often.
Any frequent traveler will get a lot from following The Points Guy. I follow him on Twitter for easy updates and specials. He does monthly reviews on the best travel (airline, credit cards and hotels programs) deals and benefits. http://thepointsguy.com/ I picked up the 100,000 mile signup bonus with Chase Sapphire Reserve thanks to him. Every month he ranks all of the leading credit card benefits, costs so you can select the best for your needs. He also has good...