or Connect

Posts by pocketsquareguy

So refreshing to see pics of people with style and a good sense of personal expression at Pitti.
While in London I stopped by the Bill Amberg store: Here are a few cool bags and backpacks:
That is a very nice bag. Hard to beat that size and shape.I have a soft spot for the classic monogram canvas LV Carryall. Yea, the whole LV thing has gone kinda crazy in the last 10 years but there is something about the way the natural leather ages over time that appeals to me.
I think this is a logical conclusion for the time being yet the Euro and Pound continue to fall compared to the US dollar. Goldman Sachs and others are suggesting that there is a excellent chance for parity with the US Dollar and Euro. With such an extreme shift (Euro formerly at $1.40 dropping to $1.14 and potentially to a $1.00 a continued decline would no doubt encourage a lot of people to find ways to purchase direct from Europe, with or without brands approval.This...
Well done and thank you for these pics. Nice to see a feed of tastefully dressed men and women rather than the streams of silly gimmicks. Even the New York Times feed was chasing the clowns.
Very nice pics. Lets see more! So all Pitti attendees are required to wear 1) hats, 2) facial hair, 3) skinny pants, 4) long, wide colorful scarves...is that about right? Cigarettes seem to be a bit more optional this year unless you are hanging with Lino.
Wooster for one.
I think the biggest threat to a WIlkes and Neimans is that they have almost completely moved away from co-creating anything in their store or carrying smaller brands to simply stocking the major international brand names. So what are they going to do now that they built up a major following for say Cucinelli and Kiton in San Francisco only to have Cucinelli open a store last year and Kiton to be looking for space now in SF? I don't see either retailer fostering the...
You are right, they used horrible wood and often natural finishes. But remember that it wasn't just CBS trying to save a few bucks by buying cheap heavy wood. The whole Stars Guitars and later Alembic customizing thing was hot and the idea was that "the heavier the more sustain".
The Wooster stuff is such a gimmick. It lacks the cool Commes de Garcon patchwork look they were doing years ago.