Posts by GusW

I could use a new ironing board. Looking forward to recommendations of something solid, good padding but fairly easy to fold up.
Unlined, to my eyes, gives a bit more of a casual look. Without lining, the sleeves, chest and shoulder can catch, bunch up a bit more and don't hang quite as easy and straight. It looks and projects a somewhat more casual style. I like it for mixing with jeans, a collared shirt and loafers. But, I agree with your tailor, to avoid anything less than quarter lining if you are having a more traditional formal style suit or jacket being made. The unlined look is ideal for a...
I like quirky movies and The Lobster, to me, was a total failure.
I was just over at Standard & Strange today and they have both a washed black and washed khaki ring jacket in a soft heavy cotton.There is something about that coat. It looks like crap on the hanger and looks so cool once anyone puts it on. It has visual bulk (heavy on top) but doesn't feel bulky when you wear it. That washed cotton is soft and comfortable the moment you slip it on. The black ring coat gives almost any guy the same instant cool vibe as you would get with a...
Thanks @gdl203 for those suggestions. I'm also following linoieluzziofficial because, well, he is Lino. Any one else I should follow?
I enjoy the coverage of Pitti each season, especially the winter show. I like to have a variety of perspectives to capture more than just the "peacocks" . Who do you suggest following on Instagram for the upcoming Pitti I currently follow among others: nomanwalksalone erikmannby magarisf (new kids on the scene from San Francisco to offer MTM from Italy) michaeljondral (German retailer, classic style) armoury 1stpatrn (Italian version of trad meets workwear) Any...
The thing is that I actually like to wash my jeans after every few wearings. So, the raw LVC stuff never comes longer than 36" inseam which eventually shrinks down to 33" or so which is too short for me. (Even in cold wash and hang dry) I've talked to everyone at Levis about brining back the 38" and 40" inseam on raw LVC but even the head of European sales who is 6' 4" and needs the longer inseam can't make it happen. So, I stick to the rinse for practical inseam length...
I have one that appears to be about halfway between these two in color. I can wear it with just about any fall jacket. It is quite versatile. It's one of my wardrobe classics. I'm actually surprised we don't see more blog posts about the virtues of a charcoal cashmere knit tie.
I agree that the regular line of Levis has diminished and I haven't bought a pair in years. And yes, the regular line does washout and fade rather quickly. However, check out their Made & Crafted line of premium denim with contemporary styles as well as the LVC (Levis Vintage Collection) which are pretty accurate reproductions of specific models of vintage Levis. I especially like the 1947 501XX for it's trim straight leg fit and slightly higher rise. Another favorite is...
That Boglioli looks great. Perfect for Spring Summer