or Connect

Posts by GusW

Just because you hire mature rock stars to wear your clothing in ads I'm not sure that means you've cornered that market. It just means you've paid someone to wear it. Tommy Hilfiger was paying rock stars back in the late 80's to wear his stuff, but I can't recall any of them actually wearing it in real life.
^^^ Very nice example. It has an elegant shape to it.
The ad campaign with Metallica seems like a "Hail Mary" pass at trying to score with a new audience. The designer, O'Shea, says his influence is "70's pimp". Good luck to them. Wilkes Bashford carried Brioni for as long as I can remember (since the 70's?) along with the SFA main store on 5th. They always had a conservative, edited assortment of Brioni. Their clients looked elegant. But when I saw the brand at other stores 5, 10, 15 years ago, there were odd design touches...
Just a reminder for anyone on this thread that might be in the Bay Area next week, Thursday September 1st, to come on out and join us at Suitsupply SF. The event coordinator for Suitsupply just confirmed cocktails, beer, champagne, mini burgers and maybe more. We have about 80 RSVP's and of course all are welcome and feel free to invite your friends. Please rsvp at events@suiysupply.com
Suitsupply Meetup Update: There are now about 80 RSVP's for the event The bar is confirmed and Sipsmith will be sponsoring gin and making cocktails. Beer and champagne will also be available. Causwells and Popsons will be serving mini hamburgers and Kirsten is working on a sponsor for ice cream. If you haven't already, be sure and RSVP to events@suitsupply.com and we look forward to seeing you and your guests a week from Thursday!
Is there a retailer in the US who will do a MTO for C&J? I contacted Ben SIlver and they said "No"
Here is a small pic of it pulled of my Tumblr blog abitofcolor I'd say this angle and because my elbow is bent give the shoulder the appearance of a straight line look where when standing it has a bit of a drop off beyond my natural shoulder.
I suppose a heavy fabric doesn't need much or any extra material to hold it's shape. It does have a slightly soft drop, similar to the pic above of Mariano Rubinacci's jacket.Sorry, but I don't have any pics of me wearing the jacket anymore after dumping a ton of photos off my computer. I'll look and see if I can find one on my Tumblr.
Positive. Made by NSM from a heavy herringbone cashmere tweed, all it has is a shoulder sewn seam. The navy blazer they made for me (herringbone cashmere) prior to this jacket has a bit of wadding or something in the shoulder seam area for structure.
I have jackets with extended shoulders that don't have any padding or wadding at all.