or Connect

Posts by GusW

Yes, if you want to stay in tune with the nature of this thread.
A silk knit black tie with a white or blue shirt.
IMO, only black shoes, a white or blue shirt, white PS. The tie is where you get to express yourself.
I've seen especially well dressed men around San Francisco (yeas, they are rare) wearing suede shoes with suits forever. One of the managers at Wilkes Bashford in SF wore brown suede double monks with grey DB flannel suits or navy pin stripes at a time when everyone else was still wearing black only with these looks (late 80's). Even today a nice suede double monk is an easy way to dress down a suit or SC outfit. It is a notch above a suede buck or desert boot in formality...
Navy Ring Jacket suit and Lobb black cap toe double monks.
This would be a nice, casual alternative to a classic Desert Boot. This one is by Cucinelli. It has a lightweight rubber sole. Speaking of lightweight rubber soles, have any of you looked at the new range of suede bucks from Walk-over. These are made in the USA, suede derbys with a calf lining, just like the original suede bucks from the 1940's - 60's. I just bought a pair.
A big proponent of Clarks Desert boots is Andy Spade (As in Kate Spade). His look with Desert Boots is well worn Levis, OCBD and a tailored jacket.
Yes, Comrade, what Murlsquirl said. Come anytime.
I think wearing a nice black shoe maybe less dandy than brown but can appear more refined and even chic. But it is about the entire outfit and not just one element, isn't it?
Black shoes look "right" and "smart" with certain combinations. The pendulum has swung too far towards brown as a universal or default shoe color IMO when black really looks best with some classic combinations. For example white shirt, navy suit, POW tie. Or almost any black POW suit or jacket will look best with a black shoe when paired with a white shirt. My favorite black shoes are a calf double monk and a simple punch captoe oxford.