or Connect

Posts by GusW

Zanella, has enjoyed a long-time reputation for quality and style as well as being truly made in Italy. The last few years have not been to kind to the company as they began to exhibit a wide range of problems. Many long-term retailers are delighted that the company now has new owners with experience in managing mens fashion apparel. I've been told by one of those retailers to expect improved fits across the board in the Zanella line. So, current customers might need to...
In responding to your question, I checked and see they don't make my model of BOSE over the ear noise canceling anymore.I got used to the over-the ear models because, at the time, they were the best style, comfort and function. Now, there are wireless over the ear models from Bose as well as in the ear both noise canceling.If you are using these for travel and commuting then whichever Bose style suits your comfort would be best. I think most people are so used to inner ear...
I will have to check these out when we are down in Carmel this weekend.
It looks like you already made a decision? But, this is an interesting topic so I'll toss in my two cents....I've done very well using Stereophile magazines list of recommended components in the past. Yet I have used other personal recommendations not on their lists. I find the forums to be skewed towards technical specs as justification rather than true purity of sound. So here is my opinion.For commuting, flying and all around travel (even avoiding noisy hotel air...
I'm quite honored to be your inspiration. My only suggestion would be to ditch that coffee mug and replace with a nice gin martini.
I find that with a solid navy suit it is hard to find any pocket square that is better than white linen.The clean contrast looks "smart" and both have a degree of formality that compliment each other.
These are MTM based upon the fit offered by NMWA but with additional custom measurements and handwork details in addition to fabric and collar choices. I worked out fit options at their trunk show.Here is another pic of the red striped BD (that I believe NMWA offered RTW on pre-order for Spring). The slightly slubby weave of the fabric and it's shade of red gives this a much more distinctive look than a typical candy colored oxford cloth. For now this will be ideal under a...
Thanks for the heads up on that.^^
A pic of the rest of my order of custom G. Inglese shirts. The blue stripe is an subtle pattern that takes stripes to another level of sophistication. I especially enjoy the shade of red and interesting slightly slubby texture on the BD collared shirt. The solid looking blue and white are actually both a textured end-on-end for a bit more visual texture and detail when seen IRL.
I owned one but never wore it. I got rid of it ages ago and stuck with my handful of classics including white linen.Having worked in art and design for decades I am perhaps far more color conscious and opinionated than most as far as how I like to combine colors and what colors I will wear or avoid. Yet, I continue to evolve and every year I do seem to try a few new things. Who knows, maybe I'll be wearing cream silk one day? But for now I feel there are so many other...