or Connect

Posts by pocketsquareguy

Hey Archivist, good idea. I will see if I can make it over to SF tonight to join you. I'll PM a few more Bay Area guys as well.
Is anyone wearing 100% cotton suits these days? I've always liked the looks of a khaki suit in a fine twill with a slight Olive cast or a Bone White with a white, blue or pink shirt for Spring/Summer.
Bourbonbasted check out Loro Piana. They will have a number of linen/wool/silk blends. That is the best source I've found. Zegna, has used them from time-to-time. My new Ring jacket uses a LP fabric with this same blend.
I just bought a double breasted Ring Jacket in an off-white linen/woo/silk blend for Spring/Summer. I had a jacket that I wore all the time in the same blend but in a navy. The light weight blend of linen/wool and silk was ideal in warm weather and resisted wrinkles. It is especially nice in humid climates. I think it is the ideal fabric blend for a more casual, summer suit or jacket.
In another thread @dieworkwear mentioned that the secret to the Inis Meain linen knitwear is that it isn't 100% linen as I had posted above. It contains a very small amount of a poly thread, just enough to help it keep it's shape and avoid stretching. That is good news and very practical. I may have to add those zip front cardigans to my Spring/Summer wardrobe. Inis Meain really did it again.
^^^ That makes sense about the added synthetic. I had some beautiful 100% linen knitwear ages ago but they would stretch out of shape, so the synthetic would be welcome to retain shape. The look of linen knitwear is very appealing, especially in natural and navy. A number of designers used to do it and places like Bergdorf Goodman and others used to carry it as a Spring staple but not in recent years. The zip front cardigans and V neck with the woven neck detail are...
I lived right out side of NYC in 1968 for 9th grade in a small village that had a strong influence of both ivy league and the emerging youth fashion scene inspired by Greenwich Village. The school had just dropped their "No blue jean" policy (and their "no pants for females policy " ) which allowed for a bit more creative expression. In general during the winter I wore a Navy Pea coat or navy CPO wool shirt, jeans, suede boots, Shetland wool or Fishermans knit sweater and...
Anyone here like linen knit wear for Spring/Summer? It isn't something that seems to come up on the forum. It has been ages since I've seen a company or a designer do nice linen knit wear, but after seeing the new Inis Meain 100% knitwear for Spring 2015 I'm going to be getting a couple of pieces. Inis Meain has been doing remarkable stuff but this SS collection is a real standout. Check out the knit detail on the V neck. Beautiful stuff. (Pics taken at Khaki's of...
Perhaps the biggest surprise at Khaki's this past weekend was the arrival of new 100% linen sweaters from Inis Meain. This Styleforum favorite brand has really hit it out of the ball park with these Spring/Summer sweaters in linen. The colors, the weave, the details are the ideal blend of comfortable and luxury style. If you had these three you would have the ideal Spring knitwear wardrobe. They nailed the bone color natural linen look and that navy with the zipper front...
Khaki's always has a remarkable selection of neckties. Many of their new Spring colors have arrived. One brand that you don't hear about on Styleforum but deserves more attention is Robert Jensen. Robert was the Creative Director at Talbott for 30 years before the company went astray and Robert went out on his own. He has a loyal following among the traditional menswear retailers that are still very strong throughout the midwest and south. His daughter handles production...