or Connect

Posts by GusW

I'm not sad at all about it. I feel privileged to have been able to own so many amazing vintage guitars. I'm actually enthused about finding some new pieces, so time to move on. Change is good and new geetars always inspire me. As far as the new owner, he fronts a trio from Oakland. He texted me this pic from pre-production rehearsals last night.
It needed new frets, and some neck work. When they get to be 60 years old they tend to get a slight angle where the neck is bolted to the body causing more string buzz. All of that could be done by a competent luthier but I just couldn't bring myself to be the guy who changed anything on this guitar. I'm pretty sure no one had ever taken it apart when I acquired it. Plus, the value of vintage electrics change and they become harder to resell once you start to monkey with...
Just sold my '53 Esquire last night.
Just depends upon confirmation of the final dates. But I'm long overdue for a NYC visit.
Cool story. Yeah, Hee Haw was in full Country & Western swing in the early to mid 70's. Fender doing the custom sparkle Teles for Buck Owens was a very special deal. They rarely did much in the way of one-off custom celebrity instruments at that time. Although they had a chart of custom colors, my understanding was that Leo Fender never understood and supported celebrity endorsements or custom work. That must have driven the Sales team crazy.
I'm on Netflix not Amazon
I recall that Bakersfield has the same resident requirement.
I stopped by last week and tried on some of the new 1st PAT-RN collection. I think this is a sleeper brand ready to bust out at any moment. They have really nailed a comfortable casual style. I especially like the fabric, cut and rise of the trousers (except I need a longer inseam). It wouldn't surprise me if this became a top selling brand around the Bay Area. The fabric weights are perfect for the area's weather and the style is ideal for casual Oakland/SF tech workers...
I'm wearing my OAO2XX as well. And yes mine stretched out perfectly in the waist to the tag size even after two cold washed and air drying. I found that after washing and then wearing a bit that the fit is perfect the way the cut hugs the waist while leaving just enough room in the top block to not be tight. Brandon's fit pic (above) shows it well.
In the past, I've found that better NYC hotel deals usually start popping up after Oct 1st. Last year I was able to get a great last minute deal on Jet Blue (non-stop) and Expedia just one block from the event.