or Connect

Posts by pocketsquareguy

Wow, well you must love Rick......
Thanks guys. My first grandchild. A beautiful little girl! Regular birth Douglas. It was a special time not only because of the birth but also being and feeling so close to my daughter and son in law. My wife was in the room during the birth (I was eating donuts in the waiting room reading GQ). Kind of cool being the first one to call my SIL a "Dad", kissing our daughter and holding the new little munchkin. Everyone has decided that my role in life is to take her...
Define professional.
I can relate. I felt like jazz was forced on me in college with horrible 70's and late 60's styles. I hated it. I wanted blues and rock. It wasn't until I began pursuing a quality HIFI system that the cool mostly acoustic style of mid 50's and very early 60's jazz really started to appeal. I loved being able to hear the sound of the strings on a standup bass hit the neck or the acoustic tone of a hollowbody jazz guitar as they played classics and standards. Pair that with...
Look at this thread post 15 The guys there are great. But it is a complete heritage workwear site. I'm perhaps the only guy there that wears a blazer and denim. But I wore the original denim when it was new that they now reproduce and wear (i.e 60's Lee and Levis) so I have some street cred with them.The guys are fun to hang out with. They put on Denimbruin each year. They camp, hike, ride motorcycles, explore mines and some sew their own clothing. But if you want to talk...
I check in at various guitar forums from time to time - Les Paul, Telecaster, etc.....
Patterned pants come and go. In a few years you will regret having photos of yourself wearing them. The exception will be a fine houndstooth linen or madras plaid pants for summer fun.
All of those pics of matt are . He really set the bar for Styleforum - great clothes, great fit, classic combos (well except one), and best of all great robot pose.