Posts by GusW

Beautifully made boots from Heschung (a favorite brand). Worn only once. I purchased these for $800+ at Wilkes Bashford in San Francisco this past November. They are made from deep plum leather. The soles have a leather and rubber tread combination. The interior is lined in smooth, soft leather as well as the inner sole. Unfortunately, my Podiatrist says I need a wider shoe. So, someone will be getting a great deal on wonderful shoes! Comes with original box and shoe...
I checked the website and you are right about the 4395 last. The SA quoted the wrong last number.How was the fit in the heel for you? Did it feel a bit wide and easy to slip at first?
Sold to a very happy Styleforum member! Thanks for looking.
The classic Lopez is on the 4395 last. I have no experience with wearing this last other than to try it on. It feels nice and roomy in the toe box but the heel seems a bit loose/wide, but I'm wondering if after it breaks in will there be less slippage? (I can't size down.) Anyone have a pair? Was the heel a bit roomy/loose at first?
For a first step in the direction of jeans/tailored jacket this is pretty good. However, a few tweaks and you will give Ralph Lauren competition.The choice of jacket is almost always best when a) it has softer construction, with less of a square shoulder b) a more casual fabric that isn't a formal dress suit fabric and c) kind of optional, but I think patch pockets without flaps are best (avoid besom pockets IMO). Usually this means the jacket isn't a suit jacket but...
If anyone is headed to Barcelona, be sure and stop at Bel Y Cia, which is a classic menswear shop in the downtown that has been around since the 1800's and has it's own bespoke workroom in back. Here you can get RTW and bespoke Tebas made from a variety of fabrics and patterns. I was last there in winter so they were showing textured cashmere and wool versions with over plaids and leather buttons. Beautiful stuff! The jackets reminded me a bit of the classic French Arny's...
I get what you are saying, but to me it's all how you wear it. (Hey, I see guys looking sloppy in tailored sport coats and cardigans all the time.) We were in Barcelona a while back and was inspired by the classic look and style of men wearing Tebas. But it has to do with fit and how you present your entire look.The Spanish, (from my experience) tend to wear a relaxed fit trouser, like a classic khaki or twill pant, a solid British style derby, and a patterned shirt . (as...
I checked with The Armoury a while ago about their Teba. But their RTW are a bit too short for me. I will be in NYC in March and plan to swing by to discuss a MTM option.I really like the pocket placement and style of the collar. A perfect travel jacket or man-around-town.The key, I think, is to come up with an interesting textured fabric and color that is a bit different than a typical office wear sport jacket. For Spring/Summer something in a textured, slubby...
1) look at it...narrow or wide heel? Narrow or wide across the width of your foot.Go to a quality shoe store and look at shoes that look like the shape of your foot. Try a medium width and a wide width in the same shoe.Its going to take some trial and error and each shoe brand is different.Good luck!
I see that the Armoury has just released a new urban field jacket, so very much in keeping with your suggestion. (sorry, no link as their website is down until Feb).Of course there are also safari jackets but I did that back in the 70's and early 80's...so moving on.I think we will see more designers offering jacket/shirts, or versions of safari or over shirts. Guys need a layer or two when it isn't warm and the extra pockets are handy.I stopped in at the Kiton boutique...