or Connect

Posts by GusW

So my rule of thumb is pretty easy: - Formal dark suits (flap pockets, no "fun" socks, white or blue shirt, dark shoes) the length looks best on the longer side but not too long. This is not for travel jackets mixed with jeans. This is when you want a look of formality and authority. This will probably be dark navy. - Classic sport coats, always cover your rear. -Fashionable, travel and casual jackets- shorter looks best and looks "right". These will always have patch...
Very nice assortment. On the pique long sleeve shirt how is the fit? I wear a 54 in a Ring Jacket and a 16/35 shirt. What size is the size of the collar on the XL?
@AntiHero84 Yes the Fairmont Tonga Room and the Li Po lounge were both on AB's SF show. But I would forgo Swan Oyster Depot, which was on his show, and head to the Ferry Building for better oysters and view at Hog Island. If you like seafood and you are near the Financial District you might want to stop in California's oldest restaurant Tadich Grill. They have a counter (as well as tables) so it is ideal when eating solo. Nice old-school drinks, waiters in starched white...
And, for a late night cocktail in Chinatown, be sure and stop by here. Fun place. It's just funky enough to be cool and has an interesting mixed crowd of all ages. My last visit was with a couple of Styleforum members for Mai Tai's and shots of cheap Chinese whiskey. My head still hurts.
@AntiHero84 One of the great fun places to stop for a drink on all of SF is The Tonga Room. http://www.tongaroom.com Enjoy exotic cocktails while the band floats out to the center of the pool and later a rain shower will gently fall.
The "X" pattern batik really turned out well!
It really depends upon what you like and your interests. I take most out of town guests to the Ferry building. The view of the bay is great and you have numerous options for food, drinks, or snacks. Boulettes Larder is perhaps the best breakfast in all of Northern CA (great dinner too!), or the Slanted Door for modern Vietnamese food and great cocktails. Why not grab a ride on a ferry to Sausalito (and then get the next return) you can grab a coffee or a glass of wine...
@Cleav - I met PS in the Covent Garden store in the early 00's. He would come by the store almost every Saturday morning because he felt it was important to be in touch with his customers. He was very approachable and happy to autograph a book or answer questions from fans. He seems genuinely down-to-earth but also has the quiet confidence of a very smart person who knows what's going on. PS prides himself on establishing a positive corporate culture. He seems to be quite...
Just received my Superga sneakers today. The communication and shipping have been excellent. I followed sizing suggestions that they fit similar to Nikes, Addidas, etc., but find them a generous half size+ too large. I wouldn't wear them because they would be loose. How does Massdrop account for a need for a different size? Mine are marked Euro 45, USA 11.5, UK 10.5. I probably need a USA 11, UK 10.
This shade of red is very nice!