or Connect

Posts by GusW

Thanks razl for including me on the Best of B&S.
Razl, thanks for including my suede bucks. I appreciate it.
Thanks guys for highlighting all of the good stuff!
Subscribed
Very nice! I'll take the 10.5
Levis LVC 1962 511ZXX will have a bit more room in the thigh and top block that the 1947 501XX in my experience.
Bourbon, try a pair of Levis LVC 1962 511 Zxx They are sanforized so no STF like the 1954ZXX.
Another very cool and great sounding bass amp, is a mid 60's Ampeg portaflex. This is a B-15 which has a nice full, warm sound. Heavy as a block of cement. Lots of electric rock and acoustic jazz bass players have used these through the late 80's (when more modern, compact bass amp alternatives came along.) In it's time, this was quite the amp. And, it had the exposed tubes and plexiglass "Ampeg" logo that would glow. It looked super cool at a dance or a club. I owned a...
Bass amp? Why this of course. I've owned a couple of these. Never knew why I ever sold them. It's also one of the all time great guitar amps and ideal for your bass in a small setting. Of course there are much better modern bass amps (and much cheaper) if you want a deep bass punch sound. But for retro rock, this is the one.