or Connect

Posts by GusW

Thanks @Medwed for your suggestions. We wont have any problem finding things that we love to do in Paris for 10 days. We are planning, as you suggest, to visit the flea markets and Epernay to enjoy wines. I get mixed messages from people about how long to stay in Naples. We love, shopping, eating, antiques, museums and galleries. As part of our travel routine we always do at least one food tour. We also love people watching in cafes. SO, how many days would you recommend...
The sound is remarkable. But, and this concerns me, there are quite a few reviews where people returned the pedal because of excess noise. Stepping on the foot switch is enough to create a reverb "crash" sound. Suppose that is when used on carpet and not a hard surface? Not everyone wants a pedal rack.SInce I'm looking for both reverb and trem, the Strymon Flint Reverb Tem seems to have everything, is well built, easy to use yet lots of specific period tones and features....
@romafan - Based upon your suggestion, I'm currently looking at taking the ferry after arriving in Naples to Capri for 5 days and then returning to Naples for 3-4 days before flying home. It seems that would give us a relaxing resort experience and then a couple of days in an urban experience, which seems like a nice blend. @b1os - I like cities. I never get bored and love walking and discovering. Thanks for your offer to suggest sites. I might take you up on that. I...
^^^ That is a great looking boot.
Thanks guys for this input. I really appreciate it. I discussed it with my wife this morning and she really wants to go to a destination and not change hotels. Short day trips from a base are fine but no repacking and lugging suitcases. So would Sorrento be a good base for 7 days, and have a relaxing time? We would fly to Naples and hop the train to Sorrento for 7 days. Before we fly back to the US we would return to Naples were we would stay for 2-3 nights and...
I enjoy Milan, so heading over to Cinque Terra is an excellent suggestion and easy to do. I hadn't even thought of that.But, having never been further south, the Amalfi Coast is interesting. But, what would you do for 8-10 days if you didn't want to do a lot of packing and driving?What about going to Naples for a few days and then staying on one of the island resorts for 4-5 days? Or are they just for a day or two. Any suggestions would be welcome.
My wife and I will be traveling to Europe in late May and spending 10 days in Paris. We also want to add another 8-10 days in Italy. The goal of this trip is to have an easy, enjoyable time and not a lot of connecting side trips or schedules. Being in a center where we have a lot of options close at hand is always enjoyable. (We have been to Milan, Verona, Lake Garda, Venice, Florence, Rome) Our airline will land us and return us from only one city, either Milan, Rome or...
Just checked out the Carl Martin Headroom spring reverb. Wow, it sounds fantastic! Listen to this demo...
Thanks for the input. After a lot of online research the Dunlop (MXR) Echoplex Delay pedal looks like the one for me. It seems to best emulate the classic Echoplex and is super easy to use. I haven't looked at delay effects in ages and was super impressed by the number of remarkable options out there that are loaded with features. Because I'm only looking for a vintage slap-back sound and Echoplex EP-3 tone the Dunlop (who owns the Echoplex trademark) is ideal for me. The...
Got a text confirming that the '63 white Bassman is mine. I will pick it up before Thanksgiving. This one is especially nice because one of the top amp gurus went through every bit of the electronics as he was planning on keeping it for himself.As far as a loop, yeah the Ditto seems like the ideal, easy to use loop for playing over simple rhythm tracks. I'm not looking for any more complex features in a loop stomp box than that.I'm now looking on You Tube for a classic...