or Connect

Posts by GusW

Loving these C&J that I picked up on B&S thanks to this thread.
Pio, this might inspire you to tinker around with a Tele. Man, this one gets just about every electric sound imaginable. Funny how Andy Summer bought it from a guitar student "as is". https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vzStQpEXHQ
I think before routing and putting in a HB you might want to try some of the new Tele neck PU options. A HB really changes the whole Tele sound and feel IMO. There are some remarkable neck options these days. Check out WIldwood guitars and listen to some of their video demos which describe their neck PU specs.They have lots of different Tele options and the demo playing is excellent.That being said, if you get a second Tele then yeah, consider a HB PU for "Honky Tonk Women".
I just picked up these brand new C&J Cavendish loafers off of B&S. (Who says there are no good deals on B&S any more?). I had looked at the very similar Alden and tried them on in their San Francisco store but the fit just wasn't working for me. These C&J are spot on in fit and the color is especially nice. Light enough for Summer lighter clothing and dark enough for Winter flannels and cords. I've been a fan of suede shoes forever and wear them year-round. I...
I had my first identical pair of these Ralph Lauren bucks that I purchased in 2003. I wore as one of my favorite casual shoes until they fell apart in 2013. Although Ralph Lauren has had other, similar bucks in their shoe line they were never quite the same. I tried several other brands at various price points and nothing matched these for looks, comfort and fit. I found these a few weeks ago on EBay, my size and brand new old stock. Boy, was I happy. I wear these with...
It really depends what sound/tone you are looking for. Every little tweak will have some effect.Danny Gatton's guitar tech is quoted here with the mods they made to all of his Tele's.A. Danny used Joe Barden Danny Gatton model pickups in all his Telecasters. We used standard 3-way CRL switches and also used 500k volume pots, .05 capacitors, and 250k-tone pots. All pots topped with the famous Vintique heavy Knurled knobs for total command of all his famous Wah's and...
I'm older than you and have found what works best for me, because I enjoy good food and beer, wine and cocktails is to: 1) Make a real effort to cut out dessert, bread and pasta except once a week. Of course, avoid chips, crackers unless you are served them at a party. 2) drink good beer no more than once a week. If it isn't good beer, don't drink it. 3) Add more tasty steak, fish and chicken dishes along with great salads and veggies. A couple of very good glasses of...
Shouldn't that shirt ^^^ only be worn with Ambrosi trousers?
Those Wildwood Tele's are sweet.
Speaking of bass guitars....there was an early 60's Danelectro called the longhorn bass. It was used on many recordings of that era. When Keith Richards had the concert for Chuck Berry to record the film Hail, Hail Rock and Roll, the bass player used a Longhorn. Tom Petty used one on many recordings. They have a good percussive sound. Jerry Jones also made a somewhat better constructive copy (no longer made) that is quite nice. Both are short scale, like the Gibson EB...