Posts by GusW

Well said die@dieworkwear and worth repeating.Anyone would look good following Luca's advice. Are there exceptions? Sure, but do the exceptions really look better?
My favorite roll-on is still a Briggs & Riley Baseline black ballistic nylon. I just replaced my previous one that I've had since '98 or so. You can't beat their function and details including being light weight, comfortable and easy to use handles and efficient compression feature as well as suit carrying sleeve. They also have the best warranty of any luggage. Are they as sexy as Rimowa or Globetrotter? No. But, do they have better functions? Yes, by far! And, being...
Speaking of jean options, over in the Travel thread Alberto jeans (made in Germany but available at many specialty mens stores in the US) have come up as the most comfortable and versatile jeans for traveling. They make several versions that have Lycra or another stretch fabric. While they have many different versions of denim washes and fits, they also have other fabrics. One in particular looks like a grey flannel 5 pocket jean. Frequent fliers on long haul flights say...
I was looking at Instagram this morning and one of the guys I follow is Luca Rubinacci. I especially enjoy his enthusiastic "lessons" in #menswear and style. Today he discussed the white shirt saying that it is for evening cocktails or business and stated the following: 1) Always wear a white shirt with black shoes 2) "never, never" wear with a tweed or rough sport jacket. 3) a white linen shirt is perfect to wear in the summer. Do you agree? Do you have any rules...
I missed this part when replying to your photo.I find that solids, donegals, etc., due to their more simple visual look pair better with jeans because the solids or simple textures can easily go more casual (or dressy) depending upon what you wear with them. In this case, your distinctly patterned POW tweed makes so much more of a formal tailored statement that won't "be all it can be" by wearing with jeans. You can do it, but it will never look as good with jeans as some...
@DeSense I agree with a previous post that all the elements look great but black and brown isn't my favorite color combo. That jacket would look more modern Italian cool if you wore off white jeans and a blue shirt ( brighter blue end in end would be 👌) . Or if you want to go old school classic ivory flannels.
I picked up a knit tie with dots from NMWA before Christmas. I like both silk and cashmere knits and find the cashmere looking especially nice in F/W. Yeah, the little dots are a nice touch and especially when coordinated with another color in your outfit.
When I ride BART into SF I see so many guys that look like they just rolled out of bed, gave up and are color blind. So God bless you all for your efforts to improve your casual style!
^^ I love knit ties with the contrasting dots
I have two new cardigans that are getting a lot of wear recently. I purposely selected them because they didn't have 100% classic details. One has a stand up collar with a herringbone weave while the the other has a button up collar, in cable knit but with suede accents in the same color as the cashmere. These are subtle. At first glance they are a navy and a grey button front sweater. But I was looking for knitwear with updated styling. I like classic pieces, but I also...