or Connect

Posts by GusW

I checked with The Armoury a while ago about their Teba. But their RTW are a bit too short for me. I will be in NYC in March and plan to swing by to discuss a MTM option.I really like the pocket placement and style of the collar. A perfect travel jacket or man-around-town.The key, I think, is to come up with an interesting textured fabric and color that is a bit different than a typical office wear sport jacket. For Spring/Summer something in a textured, slubby...
1) look at it...narrow or wide heel? Narrow or wide across the width of your foot.Go to a quality shoe store and look at shoes that look like the shape of your foot. Try a medium width and a wide width in the same shoe.Its going to take some trial and error and each shoe brand is different.Good luck!
I see that the Armoury has just released a new urban field jacket, so very much in keeping with your suggestion. (sorry, no link as their website is down until Feb).Of course there are also safari jackets but I did that back in the 70's and early 80's...so moving on.I think we will see more designers offering jacket/shirts, or versions of safari or over shirts. Guys need a layer or two when it isn't warm and the extra pockets are handy.I stopped in at the Kiton boutique...
I like this. I think a nice T shirt under a cardigan is a good look once the temps get a bit more mild. I also have a nice Inglese long sleeve polo that should work well. Its a light blue but considering getting two more, one in navy and one in pure white to wear under cardigan type knits.I also find that I am grabbing a scarf frequently with a cardigan. It seems to give it a bit more style, but still casual.
No, I can't recall ever seeing the brand at retail, only photos on line. They look inspired by classic British brands.
I've owned and currently own a number of different models of C&J. Although good right out of the box, I can't say any of them were completely broken in until worn 15+ times, including soft suede models.
The balance I'm trying to achieve, being an older guy, is to wear a cardigan and not look like Mr Rogers (even though he was a heck of a guy). So any tips on how to best wear a cardigan for CM but not old-dude style?
A Dianite sole on any shoe can take weeks to break-in. There are very heavy, dense rubber Dianite soles and lighter more pliable Dianite versions. Both have their advantages. The heavier ones are found on most classic British shoes or copies of them.
When the sales person says "they will stretch" they won't. Decent shoes inner soles will mold more to the shape of your feel and the sole will bend easier over time but if there is rubbing causing a blister you don't have the right shape shoe for your foot.
The SF Bay Area is a casual place, especially the outer lying areas including the East Bay (where I live), Silicon Valley and the wine country. As much as I enjoy dressing up in a nice suit or tailored jacket, there are getting to be more occasions where a fully tailored outfit can look a bit stuffy and a bit out of sync with the setting. Last Fall I began revising my wardrobe for these more casual outings to include a wool overshirt in leu of a tailored jacket. I also...