or Connect

Posts by GusW

Nice label design!
These NR coats really cover both modern and classic. Very impressive styling.
I love denim shirts, especially after many washings when they soften up and the edges show a bit of wear. They look especially nice with tailored khakis.
I just stumbled across a post from Styleforum member @j ingevaldsson from 2014 where he posts a link to his blog story and very nice photos about Maftei. It is in Swedish but the bottom right column has a translator button for English. Here is the link to his blog: http://www.shoegazing.se/2014/08/08/kopguide-maftei/ Here are just a few of his many beautiful photos from his blog.
My post was about the trend of shirt makers cutting the arms of shirts much more snug and skinny in the last couple of years. I don't mean nicely tailored, I mean tight!. Do you want a shirt that pulls when you flex your arms? I don't but perhaps I am in the minority. I don't feel comfortable in the GQ cover tight fit suit or shirt look. To me that isn't elegant or the sign of a good fit. I buy custom shirts to have a nice tailored look but not tight or pulling.
In researching a trip to Vienna, I came across a number of shoe enthusiast articles and posts where Maftei is regarded as one of the great classic shoe makers. Here is a link to the Maftei website. http://www.maftei.at/#!about/c1enr From what I've read, the family has historically been offering a bespoke shoe but is now branching into MTO and RTW. I was wondering of any members of Styleforum have had any recent experience with Maftei? If so, was it in Vienna or at a trunk...
Dieworkwear had a blog posting about the best value and recommends Formosa which is sold by No Man Walks Alone. If you visit their trunk shows you can get MTM.
I like a high armhole as well and I don't like excess fabric. I've purchased several well known Italian shirt brands in the past 10-15 years with no issue but only in the last year or so have I experienced significant slimming throughout the entire arm while the rest of the shirt is about the same.
I would agree with this but I also see a similar attention to fit in Milan for both men and women.
I'm amazed how slim many of the Italian shirtmakers are cutting the arms of their shirts. I don't have big guns and I'm not fat. Yet I feel like I'm going to tear the fabric when I make a tight curl. I'm getting tired of ordering Italian RTW shirts only to have to return them for lack of room. Crazy. Do you guys like a tight, slim cut in the arm??