or Connect

Posts by GusW

See you this afternoon.
Tomorrow I will wear purple socks.
Those split toe derbies are especially nice.
I saw the sweats. Lots of authentic period details. The inside fleece is especially soft and fuzzy. The sweat pants really knocked me out with their tie ankles and waistband. Its no joke when they say the Real McCoys make it better than the real McCoy.
I would use Carlos at Oxxford. He did the same alterations on several of my jackets. One of the SA's from Wilkes Bashfird took his Kiton and Brioni suits there to be recut after he lost 30 lbs. I was so impressed by the work that I began using Carlos. He isn't cheap and don't expect rush service. But if you are specific about what you want, you should get positive results. He did an excellent job shortening length and shortening sleeve from shoulder.
Those Lesca sunglasses are very impressive.
Lazy ass
Cedar is fine. But cedar isn't a "better" choice of wood, it's just a common choice. Some say it is more porous so better for absorbing moisture. But you aren't going to want moisture buildup in your shoe trees are you? I've never seen a pair of bespoke shoes or boots with cedar trees or any other porous wood. The majority (but not all) are varnished.
In reply to @TweedyProf's comment:Unless you have a very disproportionate body shape (which needs to be addressed on a case by case basis) a good starting point with a classic jacket length hits your thumb knuckle. It can be shorter if you prefer a more fashionable look. Lets call this a rule of thumb.