or Connect

Posts by GusW

Second only to "clueless pattern-lovers" Hey, most of the top designers wear two solid colors every day. Its easy, it works and they look great.Part of this problem evolves from buying things online and the tie that looks good on a computer screen isn't really the ideal shade or scale of pattern to go with a jacket but after getting it they wear it anyway "because (color) goes with (color)".
An olive cotton suit was for many years a Trad staple. To make it look Summery it was the combination of brown shoes, pink or light blue shirt and purple or other "berry" colored ties that gave it a classic seasonal look. It also matters what shade of olive, but a light cotton twill in a dusty olive (and not a shiny bright bottle green or forest green) looks best for warm weather months when combined with other seasonally appropriate colors. That creates seasonal harmony...
If someone wants to focus a wardrobe on year-round colors, such as a navy suit, white shirt and blue tie, you can do that and be well dressed. So, I would agree with @UrbanComposition on his hierarchy.But lets not dismiss the importance of seasonal colors. Ignoring what they offer is like eating a year-round diet of meat and potatos and ignoring any of Nature's fresh seasonal treats. You can do it, eat very well, but you miss out on so much.My issue with seasonal colors...
Very nice. I would wear that with: cream or white trousers washed blue or optic white jeans light gray trousers A medium pink shirt would look good. The white shirt looks good. Pale blue solid would also work but be sure it is light enough to contrast with the blue of the jacket Try a mint green patterned pocket square. Or white linen.
Booked the trip for a week in September at hotel in the city center. Any suggestions for things to do would be appreciated.
Just heard from my nephew who will be in town on his university architecture field trip that week. I will be bringing him along.
If you are looking for a black and white rule on this that will be true now and forevermore, there isn't going to be one. Color preferences (and in this case seasonal Summer color preferences) and the popularity of specific colors change over time. So, you must look at overall color trends if you want to look "right" in your seasonal wardrobe. So, to answer that, you simply look at current fashion seasonal color pallets. Now, whether or not those colors look good on you...
Of course you can. New members, their friends and guests are most welcome to attend. It is especially enjoyable to have new faces to join in our Bay Area Meetups.If you haven't attended a San Francisco Meetup, please come on out and join us. The local Styleforum Meetups have been going on for quite a few years and continue to bring out a crowd with mixed backgrounds and styles of dress ranging from college students to "mature" gentleman who are in tech, construction,...
Of course. The new Fall collection will be on display with lots to try on. Ask them to show you their MTM room.
@eddiemczee and @brillopad at the San Francisco Suitsupply opening party