or Connect

Posts by GusW

It really depends upon what you like and your interests. I take most out of town guests to the Ferry building. The view of the bay is great and you have numerous options for food, drinks, or snacks. Boulettes Larder is perhaps the best breakfast in all of Northern CA (great dinner too!), or the Slanted Door for modern Vietnamese food and great cocktails. Why not grab a ride on a ferry to Sausalito (and then get the next return) you can grab a coffee or a glass of wine...
@Cleav - I met PS in the Covent Garden store in the early 00's. He would come by the store almost every Saturday morning because he felt it was important to be in touch with his customers. He was very approachable and happy to autograph a book or answer questions from fans. He seems genuinely down-to-earth but also has the quiet confidence of a very smart person who knows what's going on. PS prides himself on establishing a positive corporate culture. He seems to be quite...
Just received my Superga sneakers today. The communication and shipping have been excellent. I followed sizing suggestions that they fit similar to Nikes, Addidas, etc., but find them a generous half size+ too large. I wouldn't wear them because they would be loose. How does Massdrop account for a need for a different size? Mine are marked Euro 45, USA 11.5, UK 10.5. I probably need a USA 11, UK 10.
This shade of red is very nice!
Paul Smith is a voracious photographer rarely going anywhere without a camera. He has been a long-time fan of smaller scale Leica cameras so it was no surprise that they would collaborate with him on this Leica X-2 project:
This Paul Smith Land Rover is pretty cool too.
One of the great UK collaborations of quality and style was Paul Smith X John Lobb shoes
I was delighted to meet Rob last Fall in NYC at the Styleforum event The Proper Kit. I've always enjoyed his contributions to the forum and reading about the launch of Yellow Hook Neckwear. I was especially impressed by the quality and workmanship of his handmade neckwear (and his stash of great bourbon) . It seems like everyone is making a "handmade" or "artisan" tie but Rob's ties are sewn in Brooklyn by old-school makers. You won't find a better made tie anywhere in...
Paul Smith is a favorite designer because he finds inspiration in such a broad range of things and reflects them in his products and stores - music, art, design, architecture, photography, etc.... I love how each store around the world has a unique blend of clothing, home decor, vintage, books, jewelry and surprises. No two stores are ever alike. They all have their own personality. I find that very refreshing compared to the majority of international fashion brands...
“The secret of my success isn’t hard to fathom. I’m an OK designer and I’m an OK businessman. A lot of people in this profession forget the second half of the equation.” Illustrating this point, he tells me,“I see a lot of students here and a lot of young designers come for help. I am so shocked how naïve they often are about how it all works. I recently had a girl here. She had just finished fashion college—three years of fashion college—and she said she wanted to start...