Posts by GusW

Good choice.My observation is that great classic style is all about knowing your body size and shape and selecting clothing with flattering proportions. However, I also pick up pieces from time to time that are clearly fashion oriented and enjoy them for what they are.
I'm making a deliberate shift away from tailored jackets for a more casual look. I've been replacing them with vests, overshirts and cardigans. POW wool and down vest by Luciano Barbera, gray flannels Incotex, brown suede sneakers Pirelli, navy cashmere sweater Borrelli.
It is the 6G6-A version.
Luv'n the white Bassman. After playing through a smaller tweed Vibrolux for a number of years I'm really enjoying the fuller sound of a larger speaker cabinet as well as the tonal differences of the amp. Here it is with my 1956 Switchmaster.
I see that Briggs & Riley has free shipping and $50 off each $350 you spend. http://www.briggs-riley.com/shop/collections/baseline As much as I love Rimowa...B&R is so much more functional, practical and stealth. Their newly updated compression packing system is very impressive. We just ordered two of the two wheel expandable domestic roll-ons. The two wheel gives a bit more room than the 4 wheel, enough to tuck in a few more bits and sneakers for gym workouts on...
This mid-80's Brady fishing bag (left) was used as my son's diaper bag. Featuring a snap-in rubber lining it was perfect for any damp or wet items (you will become familiar with that shortly). They are still handmade in the midlands of England. I like that it is compact. And, once your little one grows up you have a great bag for camera equipment, hiking and even fishing.
Just got word that my custom order of Inglese shirts is on the way. I placed my first order earlier this year and have been extremely impressed by the fit, fabric, handwork and details. These are as good or better than handmade shirts (Kiton, Finamore) I see at 2-3X the price. Plus you get MTM fit. I'll post pics of my order when it arrives.
Good looking suit, Jim.
It is a change, and a good one. Amazing how soon you adapt and life goes on in new and enjoyable directions.Pro tip: Find a bad ass diaper bag. No reason to drop your style standards.
A mix of gray and light blue with a colorful Etro scarf added for a bit of color. Sweater: Cashmere cable knit by Luciano Barbera Trousers: Wool flannel Incotex Shirt: Custom G. Inglese Shoes: Tobacco suede Crockett & Jones