or Connect

Posts by pocketsquareguy

There are obviously many wealthy people around who like the service, the brand name, the style and overall experience that comes from buying Brioni RTW or MTM at a place like WIlkes Bashford or any one of the other top menswear stores that offer it. Bespoke can be a real hassle (fit, delays, limited selection, delays, egos, delays...did I say delays??) . It can be a real luxury to pay a retailer to handle all the details and any problems. Many people prefer to try on or...
Fake Name Brand Watches I visited a professional watch repairman and wholesaler today. He has been in the business for 25 years. He showed me the most amazing fake Rolex. The weight was right and the gold had been plated with real gold to pass a metal test. He had a customer last week pay him $100 to verify a Panerai that he said turned out to be fake. His customer had bought it off Ebay. He said the fakes are getting so good that even experienced pawn shops and jewelers...
I've bought rinsed or "hard rinsed" 1947's that haven't shrunk much when washed in cold and air dried. They tightened up perhaps a half inch in the waist and half an inch in length. The waist tends to stretch after a few wearings. If you buy distressed LVC, dont expect much if any shrinkage at all.
I have a few things that may be of interest to those who appreciate quality clothing. 1) Arnys Paris Sport Coat Men's Khaki Silk Jacket Size EU52, 42 SOLD http://www.ebay.com/itm/261583461065?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649 2) Isaia Cotton Blue Oxford Cloth Sport Jacket Blazer Euro 52L , 42 Patch Pockets < This is really sweet! http://www.ebay.com/itm/261583469081?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649 3) Loro Piana Cashmere Jacket...
Any Styleforum gents heading over for this event tomorrow or Friday? I'm thinking about dropping in. The last trunk show at Wilkes they had loads of amazing fabrics and sample garments and accessories that you never see in a regular RTW setting.
The Sorento is my all time favorite Borrelli model. Somebody buy this!
Please also show this with a black silk knit tie
You would have to call Jim the owner of Khakis and ask about pricing. He did say that Ring fabrics are the best value. But if you want something a bit more traditional you might go with one of the other fabric options. Those prices will vary depending upon the swatch you select. Many of the Ring fabrics have a bit more of an open weave especially for Spring and Summer. He also mentioned that they will have both Fall/WInter and Spring/Summer fabric books. Turn around...
Khaki's of Carmel said they will be having a trunk show in San Francisco in late September of both RTW and MTO suits and jackets. They will have fabric swatches from Ring as well as Loro Piana, Holland & Sherry, Zegna, and others. The sales manager from Ring will be there to do the measuring along with staff from the Carmel store. A perfect time to check out Ring in the Bay Area.
Very nice!