or Connect

Posts by GusW

G. Inglese offers a RTW and MTM version without the noticeable handwork (although still hand sewn). I requested " fully loaded" option from the accessory list 😄
My custom mtm shirts from G. Inglese through No Man Walks Alone all have excellent fabric and more hand detail than Kiton or Isaia RTW shirts at a much, much better value. I think my last trunk show MTM order from Inglese shirts averaged around $300 +/- and Kiton shirts are now $850-$1250 RTW. Plus with MTM Inglese they fit me. There is no reason why I would buy Kiton or Isaia any more.
I've owned this same model as well as several other models of portoflex Ampegs. They offer a fantastic warm, full sound. Lots of acoustic bass and archtop electric guitar players LOVE these. Damn they are heavy, but wonderful tone. I especially enjoyed turning down the lights, playing and watching the tubes and plexi logo glow.
Perhaps the greatest rock solo ever played on a Les Paul Jr. Tone, tone, tone!
OK, save the date, for Thursday September 1st for a Styleforum Meetup hosted by Suitsupply. I will create a separate Meetup thread for this event when the time and other details are confirmed later this week or early next week. Hoping we can get something special for for Styleforum members and their guests as part of the event.
One of mine too! Jeff Baxter was the guitar soloist. Not sure what he used in the studio but I recall seeing him playing it live with a Tele with a HB in the neck and another time with a beatup old Strat.Early 1970 was the apex of experimenting with modifying guitars in LA and SF originally for studio musicians where Stars Guitars rebuilt many vintage Fenders destroying their vintage value while trying to add sustain and squeeze out some new sound and tone. At that time...
Do you have any in bright red hats with catchy sayings? You know, something like 'Make America Great Again"
OK, I get it.I was hanging out with Seymour Duncan at the Dallas Guitar Show ages ago and he had the Beck Esquire (which he let me play back in his hotel room). He told me about the Beck Tele-Gib. He said the magic in that guitar was in the PU's that he wound. He also added a Gibson style stop tail piece (which I later saw on a number of other guitarists Teles into the early 70''s)On early recordings Dias's (Steely Dan) heavily modified Tele had two PAF's that had coil...
I just heard from Suit Supply about hosting a San Francisco Meetup. They will be setting up their all new Fall 2016 suits, jackets and accessories August 29th so we are looking at having a party in their Maiden Lane location on Sept 1st or 8th. I'll post more details in a separate event/Meetup thread as soon as they are finalized.
Although the thought of a humbucker in the neck position of a Tele always appealed to me, I never understood why you would want a HB in the bridge position. The classic Tele lead PU is where all the personality of a Tele originates IMO. If you want a double HB solidbody it seems there are plenty of other options that would also hold greater resale and trade value. Or, in the pic you posted, is the HB wound to sound like a Tele lead?