or Connect

Posts by GusW

Turned out to be a 60's Martin 0-18 and I brought it home. Compared it to a lot of boutique and newer Martin acoustics, Great tone, super light, easy to play. Great price too. This will tide me over until I find my grail acoustic.
I owned a couple of these. Great amps. You just can't beat the tweed tone. Some guys hear a big difference between the two, others not so much. I don't think there is so much of a difference between the amps as there is as with your overall rig and volume. But it all comes down to the tone you most enjoy.Both of these amps went through several changes so it isn't an easy question to answer. It really depends upon the year. The simple answer is the Princeton was the notch...
I'm off to look at several 50's Les Paul Jr's this afternoon and a 50's Martin 00-18. My wife said, "You seem so happy"
I'm not sad at all about it. I feel privileged to have been able to own so many amazing vintage guitars. I'm actually enthused about finding some new pieces, so time to move on. Change is good and new geetars always inspire me. As far as the new owner, he fronts a trio from Oakland. He texted me this pic from pre-production rehearsals last night.
It needed new frets, and some neck work. When they get to be 60 years old they tend to get a slight angle where the neck is bolted to the body causing more string buzz. All of that could be done by a competent luthier but I just couldn't bring myself to be the guy who changed anything on this guitar. I'm pretty sure no one had ever taken it apart when I acquired it. Plus, the value of vintage electrics change and they become harder to resell once you start to monkey with...
Just sold my '53 Esquire last night.
Just depends upon confirmation of the final dates. But I'm long overdue for a NYC visit.
Cool story. Yeah, Hee Haw was in full Country & Western swing in the early to mid 70's. Fender doing the custom sparkle Teles for Buck Owens was a very special deal. They rarely did much in the way of one-off custom celebrity instruments at that time. Although they had a chart of custom colors, my understanding was that Leo Fender never understood and supported celebrity endorsements or custom work. That must have driven the Sales team crazy.
I'm on Netflix not Amazon
I recall that Bakersfield has the same resident requirement.