or Connect

Posts by pocketsquareguy

San Francisco SF Bay Area Styleforum Meetup – Host Khaki’s of Carmel – Monday September 29th Come on out and meet your fellow Styleforum members for an enjoyable evening. Classic Menswear, Streetwear & Denim are all invited. Khaki’s of Carmel has generously invited the members of Styleforum to join them for drinks and light appetizers for our next Meetup. They will be in San Francisco for a two-day Trunk Show for Ring Jacket (more details below) at the Parc 55...
Fun thread. I should hang out here.
^^^Perfect shirt with a solid brown tie and/or brown shoes. I'm going to have to find something similar.
What do you have left of Rising Sun? I'm sad to hear they are closing down.
I've managed projects in the US, China and other countries. In my experience China isn't better than the US. It is a factor of the QC, Management, training and quality of materials regardless of the country.
Justin, based on your description I think you will enjoy their brand new contemporary fit. It will have a classic fit but with just a bit more tapper from the knee down. My first impression of the fit was that it looks neat and tailored giving it a bit more style without being a skinny fashion pant. I'm a fan.
Khaki's also plans to bring examples of their Edward Green and G&G shoes. One of the things I've always enjoyed about the store is that Jim and Connie are rather fearless about try things that are new and different. Jim loves quality shoes and every time I see him he has on a different "killer" pair of MTO EG's or G&G's. Some of this is carried over into his RTW line that will be at the Trunk Show. Look at these blue suede shoes with the natural edging, or the calf and...
You would have to ask Jim, but my impression was that they were going to bring along one of each size in their two fits and in various fabrics. That way you can dial in your size and order any specific pant. By the way, the new contemporary fit has a bit more of a taper than their pervious version. I like it a lot. In fact I like it better than the fit of the Incotex contemporary at 2x the price. I'm wondering if the pant you show in the pic is the previous version? You...
The new water heaters are a huge improvement. If your old one is more than 10 years old you will probably have better hot water and a lower utility bill.
Udeshi shirts are a very nice MTM. (He measures you and has them sewn in Italy) I had good luck with my last purchases 2 years ago. However, the house style can be a bit left or right of true classic. But he is happy to adjust to any specific requests. I did regret going with a more aggressive cutaway house design collar. It looks cool but for everyday wear it is limited. If you want the "James Bond" turn back cuffs he offers them. Udeshi is quite a fan of the early Bond...