or Connect

Posts by pocketsquareguy

Niyi Okuboyejo in his Kent Wang suit
Here is a photo of an Ambrosi pant (the grey twill) and NSM (off white cashmere cotton). Both are very nice pants. The NSM was a better pant than any similar RTW pant that I could find around the Bay Area at Neiman Marcus, Wilkes Bashford, etc. It was also a better price than the well known brands at those stores. Some of my pants with NSM have varied. I believe that was during the time they were growing and changing tailors. The fit on NSM is good and the quality is...
Wow, a real beauty.
Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren 10.5 This auction ends in 5 hours. http://www.ebay.com/itm/261624927049?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
Thanks Monkeyface. Looks ideal I see that the Athenaeum also has what seems to be a delicious Gentleman's Afternoon Tea. Perfect for those who don't have a sweet tooth. Traditional English Savouries Suet Pastry Crusted Miniature Beef Steak and British Ale Pie Wild Boar Sausage Roll Homemade Seasonal Terrine Chili Cheese Straws with Decadent ‘Welsh Rarebit’ Dipping Sauce Warm Wookey Hole Cave Aged Mature Cheddar and Crispy Bacon Scones Selection of sweets Hot and Sticky...
Here is a better pic to compare two versions of Ambrosi pants. Peter, from Saint Crispins, is wearing Ambrosi pants. You can see they are a bit longer and fuller in the thigh.
Ambrosi will cut a more moderate tapered pant for you. He will ask you what cuff opening you would like and what length. You don't have to get this high of a cut (pic taken Thursday at WIngtip)
@gettoasty , try this guy in Berkeley. http://www.yelp.com/biz/advanced-european-tailoring-berkeley He is excellent and he is glad to discuss with you subtle nuances in fit. BTW, he is also one of the top recommended leather alterations guys in the Bay Area. His prices are a fraction of what some of the Union Square tailors charge.
Greg, sorry if this has been asked before I was unable to locate it in this thread. With Rota pants, what is the cuff opening on a size 50 or 52? I'm an actual 35" waist. Legs are not trim but not hefty. What size do you recommend I order?