or Connect

Posts by Knight

I wouldn't size down on combi vests mate, my medium fit me perfectly on both ends -- the jersey knit appears boxy and will stretch a little.The combi vest allows you to tuck in the other end so you can wear it as a standard reversible vest too which may be snug and not enough to justify sizing down sadly.
They're definitely on the slim side mike compared to the trumans and fatigues which are wider and straight, the tux tapers in at the ankles kinda like the Ghurka -- Ghurka pants have a wider thigh area from what I've seen.The geometric jacquard is a beautiful fabric. Hard to explain, its subtle yet when natural lights hits it the pattern sticks right out... it's something you got to see really @ManofKent it's definitely easier mate, you'd want a structured crown but a...
Thanks fellas, I appreciate it.@ManofKent the hat is from Akubra it's an unblocked country hat I got for free. It's basically the first stage of a hat. I simply manipulated it to get it to that shape. I have one of the printed felt hats now so I'll try to post a fit of that soon@canstyleace the fit on the tux pants are amazing -- super comfy -- you can see from the picture how it fits -- it's still a regular fit but it will taper to the ankle.
@mbaum don't forget to keep rocking the nail apron mate. Couple of FW14 pics -- scraping the last of our winter as we now head into hot territory. Suffolk brown 8W cord Spread collar shirt red purple gun club twill DS silk scarf navy paisley Tux pant navy geometric jacquard Pocket square brown floral paisley printed corduroy Combi vest Dk navy sweater knit Mcnairy tassel loafer buck suede Suffolk brown 8w cord Banded collar shirt khaki houndstooth plaid Quilted...
Probably the wildest look in the book -- if in stitches won't rock it, then I will, I have almost all those pieces now.@Mike I copped a medium -- sorry bud.Can I ask is the homespun Bedford lined or unlined? Answer makes no difference I'm just curious more than anything. Thanks lads.
Cheers! I was very late to the fall winter purchase party. The look books make the geometric pattern look more like a print rather than an impression. Either way looks amazing.Canstyleace i agree the black seam just simply adds to the flavour of the leopard tux pant -- And it's deceptively easy to dress it up and casual same time. Second stage japan (notorious for their dressed down vibe) make it look so easy...
I think you can pick off the seam, but it looks tricky but I prefer to keep it as is. You can barely notice it on the dark navy but on the leopard print it really sticks out.I got this pic sent by Nepenthes -- a close up of the geometric jacquard. This pic alone made me get the pant. I'm also going for the full tux hehe
^ Great thing about those hats is the print is subtle, and bounces off light. The grey one is the only hat where you can really make out the pattern. You can also manipulate the brim to suit your style, give a rippled, wavy look, as opposed to letting them simply flop down like you're seeing on TBB's pics...   Finally getting my FW14 items underway. I've opted for the 'wilder' pieces – Dark Navy/Red floral jacquard bedford (from Gary, thank you my friend), Suffolk jacket...
Some lovely looks being posted. I love this thread. As most of you are all working on your tans it's winter over here so here's a couple of EG cladded pictures. Coleman jacket indigo denim Long bush shirt red navy heavy twill plaid Hooded down vest olive PC gaberdine DS scarf grey paisley / glen plaid USN pant khaki cotton whipcord Nepenthes socks brown orange melange Birkenstock taupe suede Boston rough out Deck jacket navy nyco ripstop Hooded dickie grey jersey...
About to purchase fall winter 14 items real soon -- the floral Bedford from Gary, a combi-vest, tux pant, spread collar shirt, double sided pocket square and (fingers crossed) the deerstalker. Watch the how you roll thread space for pictures... Alex the pants you're liking are Truman pants in a 8w cord