or Connect

Posts by scongly

Fascinating and interesting discussion...I bought one of those "Made in the USA" from Zegna cloth suits in May and have had people complement them (unlike my MTM Coppleys or Samuelsons). How do the new black and red label compare from the "Made in the USA" line.   My question was how does this fit into the tier of suits overall...I'm going to guess on the lower end given the fusing (and the sale price, albeit it the list puts it up in mid class). Trying to figure out...
I finally crossed the threshold with my first pair(s) of nice shoes. Listening to SF, I'd looked for the Park Avenue...which they didn't have at the first store I went to; instead I went with the Fifth Avenue. Unfortunately, after about 5 minutes of walking in them...I found that for some reason on my right foot the seam managed to hurt the base of my first toe...making them unwearable :(. Luckily, was able to return them.   At a different store in town (that's a...
Yeah...I know that when they measured the neck at the traveling tailor, it measured 16.5"...but on their website, it was recorded as 17". I did e-mail them about this (as I was a bit concerned about this) and they assured me that the adjustment it was part of their normal process. I thought I choose the slim fit option...but it looks like that they didn't check that box off (or I didn't get it). Will remeasure and see the difference but I can live with the chest more so...
How much shrinkage might you expect with the shirts (for those who have ordered from them)?   I've attached two photos of the fit...as I said...if it would shrink, I'd be super happy as the body actually fits me...but I don't want to wash it and lose the chance to remake it if it won't shrink enough. Apologies in advance for photo quality...
Got my order of shirts from Indochino today...pretty fast delivery once it got shipped from China.   I like the body fit...but I'm not totally sure about the neck fit...it seems a bit loose to me (compared to my other MTM from Holt)...and I had noticed that they were 0.5 inch higher on the website measurements than at the tailor in person. I know the general rule is put in two fingers for neck size...but this one almost seems like a MAC truck could drive...
I agree...the usual suits seen are usually black/dark...but avoiding black = good! As well, I'd totally avoid the pocket square...it's a bit much for this setting!!!
I think the Coppley MTM sale is over now...but I'm +++ happy with the suits I picked up during the sale (as I work to build my wardrobe up). Excellent service at O'Connors :)  
Hmmm...seems that there are a few more mens shops in Regina now since I was there last...and seem to have a few more specialty stores with higher 'level' brands. If you get a chance...try Eton...I like them better than Boss Black fit wise. Alas, I'm cursed with a bigger neck and short arms...meaning tough to find shirts non MTM that fit super nicely.
Went to a Traveling Tailor event today...pretty busy overall when I went. Got the measurements done for me and put on file...had to do a bit of tinkering with the template (which I suppose is the whole point). Nice set up...and pretty good service.   That being said...decided to hold off on a suit from them (after reading a bit on SF and seeing some of the tribulations of others in this thread)...and rather started off with a few dress shirts to see how they turn out...
I just bought a few pairs of Happy Socks (as I've only recently discovered the world outside of black socks) and do definitely enjoy them (although I wish I had paid more attention to the do-not-dry instruction...socks still fit though).   Even though my job is in a professional field with a lot of people contact, I haven't gotten any flack as of yet from the colour...and a few complements :)