or Connect

Posts by wam1756

Gentlemen, Once again your wisdom and good advice is required. I have an Attolini navy sportsjacket on hold and am undecided as whether to jump on it. I gather the price is decent (whilst not the elusive holy grail of 80-90 % off, at least it is a decent 50% off and the shop will finish the working cuffs as part of the deal so no extra tailoring costs needed). The fit is gorgeous and I actually don't have a summer weight half-lined navy sportsjacket. My question is...
Gentlemen, I am finding this all wonderfully interesting and useful and the attempt at defining a list based on, as much as possible, objective criteria is a noble one. However, it isn't always clear to me what the objective of some of these comments is. I don't mean the following nearly as moralizing as I fear it may come across, but aren't we from time to time a little bit like little kids arguing over who is the best soccerplayer/baseballplayer/actor (insert any object...
anybody know what the word capi stands for on canali labels?
When looking at suit labels (am wanting to make my first internet purchase and a little weary as you can imagine), what to look for? The ebay sellers I heave looked at all show their labels but what exactly does for instance "capi" followed by a number mean in a canali suit for instance? And anything else I should be careful to notice? Many thanks for your help!
When looking at suit labels (am wanting to make my first internet purchase and a little weary as you can imagine), what to look for? The ebay sellers I heave looked at all show their labels but what exactly does for instance "capi" followed by a number mean in a canali suit for instance? And anything else I should be careful to notice? Many thanks for your help!
Gentlemen, anyone here familiar with the quality of merchandise up there (suits,formal wear,shirts,accessories,shoes etc)? Know Harry Rosen, of course, and might try and see if their sale's still going on but aside from them any suggestion? I like the high end stores but don't mind spending the extra time in filene/lohman type places either. Thanks for your time.
Found some more pics online of the PC line and can see what you mean. Do you know if Paul Stuart/Phineas Cole do fully canvassed suits or is it fused as some members here suggest?
That is a sensational cut IMHO. Who makes that or is it bespoke?  
Gentleman thanks for your input... Am leaving town to go to Canada for a week and so it gives me time to do a little looking around and if it is still there when I get back perhaps it is meant to be. Taxgenius, I am not yet familiar with Mina but will certainly look it up. JChance you make a valid point. Was thinking much the same myself. I mean, $1999 doesn't seem to be an awful deal but it certainly isn't a deal to proudly display on SF. On a slightly...
Gentlemen, advice needed. I have read enough threads here to understand that there are major deals to be had on ebay,ehaberdasher or with nitro, topshelfapparel etc if you have the time and the luck to find something in your size. However, just saw a terrific flannel SB dark grey pinstriped suit at a respected store in PA (no sales tax on clothes here) down from $2999 to $1999. Have been trying to push them to reduce it more, offering to buy a Canali from them as...