or Connect

Posts by PsylentStorm

I'd definitely love to see the Walnut Players. Interested in them myself.
  Yeah, I've been meaning to do so. All my groomsmen ordered their suits from BlackLapel. I also got one because we got a very good deal, so I've been meaning to take pictures, but with the wedding coming up, I just haven't found the time. 
  I've got the navy blue. It's a good midnight navy blue. This might be a close comparison: 
  What's your proportions? I'm about 5'9" at 160-165 with broad(er) shoulders. I got the slim fit suit and it doesn't seem out of proportion, at least to me. As for the lapels, the lapel difference is 2.5" for skinny versus 2.75" for regular (3" if you have regular peak lapels), I believe.    At the very least, contact BlackLapel via email and ask them what you think. I know you might think they're just trying to get a sale out of you, but they happen to have top notch...
Ordered the Walnut Strands and Merlot McAllisters. Got them in 4 and 8 weeks, respectively. Awesome seller! I'm definitely getting my next pair of AE's through him. Thanks again!
  To clarify, the fit is near-perfect now after I had it remade. As for why it needed to be remade, The sleeve length was an issue - which normally could have been altered - but because I got surgeon cuffs the tailor couldn't do it. Additionally, I felt the shoulders were a tad large, and I preferred to have them remade instead of having the tailor redo it. He said he could have, but it would have cost a lot and having it remade seemed to be the simpler option. Outside of...
Since the time of this post, I've used BlackLapel to order suits for my groomsmen and got one myself, for 7 suits in total. I recently completed the process to the point where I'm happy as I can be with the suit, having to go through a remake (a few of my friends also had remakes, others needed just alterations, a couple needed both).   The quality of their suits is very good. Compared to other suits of similar price, it's hard not to think that BlackLapel has the...
Completely agree. Go with one suit, mention that you're considering ordering two more. He'll cut you a deal and you'll get that trial run.
  The former. I picked it up and tried it on. I could have said something then, but I work better when I'm with myself taking my time. I kind of pressure and rush myself if someone is watching me. I wasn't happy with the sleeves (I think in the end my shirt was too short, not the jacket) so I took the jacket back and asked for him to shorten the sleeves, along with a couple of shirts to hem. I paid for the shirts, but he said that he would alter the suit since it's his...
  I've used Richard Lim. I plan on posting on Coolal's thread and adding my review, but I'm waiting on having Richard alter my suit first, so it's going to be a while before I do. Richard's price is at least double that of TaT, but if you buy the fabric from Richard, he'll give you a pretty good deal ($950 including fabric for me). I haven't used TaT, but I believe what Richard offers outside of TaT are options for vests, a basted fitting, and cheaper or free alterations...