or Connect

Posts by harlequin782

yeah...I had kinda thought the same thing there for a while...and youre right, it is consistent...and im not sure there is any actual logic behind it. Because even though I probalbly prefer the Kenilworth in terms of looks because I think the lack of a capline and broguing makes it look somewhat sleek for a blucher. BUT I fully acknowledge that its nothing more than a preference....but functionally, I dont see a HUGE difference either....style wise they are similar, but...
just, no...as in, hell no.
And those were precisely the ones I was thinking of...that particular color combination on those shoes is ice cold.
Ive been saying the same thing in here for a year or so now, but it is always interpreted as making excuses for allen edmonds blobby lasts...but I too wear a size 15...and like you said, people come along with these itty bitty feet and are suprised when non italian shoes look blobby on their feet.
yeah, ive seen the shell kenilworths and they look spectacular in the most understated way, and I think theyd go with my style better than the leeds. I noticed these lexingtons, from certain angles can look a bit stodgy and geometric compared to the smooth, seamless contours of the kenilworth.
That has also started creeping in my mind: to exchange the Lexingtons for The Kenilworth. I got these Lexington firsts for around 230 USD during the Anniversary Sale. I now see that the Kenilworth firsts are currently priced at around 290 USD and I kind of wonder why the Kenilworth is priced so low if it is such a nice shoe as it certainly seems to be and whether it would be worth it to risk getting a cheaper shoe of inferior quality (?) if im on a budget and already got...
And this, my friend, is what im banking on...lol
Yeah, and this was really how ive seen it all along..it blows me away that those kilted and tasseled loafers never raise objections...but the bal vs. Blucher thing just instantly sets off sirens. Im sure theres some sort of historical justification for the present day embracing of, or at least the indifference to, kilted/tasseled loafers as opposed to the reaction to improperly paired bals/bluchers. Its just a strange exception that is made to me.
Understood.and how do you feel specifically about say a black Kenilworth with a worsted suit?Like I said I dont know where I come down on it, since it is a ptb, and i dont wear suits very often. But I do seem to be immeasurably more attracted to it than the leeds for that purpose.
I wonder what purpose allen edmonds thought a black captoe blucher would have in any shoemakers catalogue?...surely allen edmonds isnt the only shoemaker who has made this gaffe. its odd though...ive seen people wear LWB's like the macneil with suits, however there was never any consensus that they look out of place. Presumably because they are always burgundy in color, and are typically paired with navy. But one would think the broguing, the perfing, the double sole...