or Connect

Posts by harlequin782

They really do need to bring back the 333 last...one of the best/most modern looking lasts to me
I think they are trying to make people play fewer of the waiting games in anticipation of "the big sale" every year...it seems like they want people to feel more inclined to pay full price throughout the year, with some spontaneous, unexpected, but really good sales sprinkled throughout the whole year (ie. The Higgins Mill sale)
For some reason I wasnt a big fan of the original brown strandmok (although I saw a guy in the grocery store yesterday with them on, and they actually looked great), but Im really digging the rudolph...couple of small quibbles 1) i wish they has given it a different name, and 2) the "burnishing" doesnt transition as smoothly between colors as it did on the original brown strandmok...cool looking shoe though
Wouldnt that be kind of silly since Im not British though? But I guess if it can help remove some of that washed-out dingy funk look from some grays, it might be worth a shot.
I never dug the gray shoes either...except for maybe the gray Longbranchs that were made a couple of years ago and the gray suede Strandmoks. But Ive always been paranoid that any gray item will just look like an old, washed out, dingy black. Especially darker grays. This goes for clothing as well... gray/charcoal pants and gray suits can sometimes take on a dingy hue, also. Especially gray jogging pants. Ive just always been skeptical of wearing gray.
That cambridge is beautiful though
Those mcallisters look beautiful to me...not sure if there is a more overall perfect AE shoe than the Merlot Mcallister
I kind of agree with this. I like the red, and the grey, and even the orange (which is really just walnut, visually speaking), but the light welt thing is getting a little over done at this point.
Its so crazy ...if you hang around here long enough, styleforum will have you believing that allen edmonds shoes are the lowliest, cheapest dress shoes on the market. But when you go into the real world, AE is leagues above most other mens' shoes. And I dont just mean they are above the oft maligned "black, square toe, bicycle toe monstrocity" either. Thanks to this damn thread, I now gaze at men's dress shoes in public to compare them to mine. But I noticed a...