or Connect

Posts by Miran2

Today's dinner:   Minestra de ceci e maiale....a thick hearty soup of chick peas and various cuts of smoked pork, pork and bacon (ribs, back bacon, smoked pork belly, and shoulder), from Lady's Miran country... Loaf of crusty white bread....cabreras cheese.....cherries....
  Lionheart Biker, where we lived before, we had a friend from BA...he and his wife were tango masters.  They had an asado in their backyard, where there was almost an entire cow on the grill (parisha, not parilla, but parisha hahaha)....he had all the strange cuts including the chinchulines...which were disgusting if I am honest...he also had the tongue, ubres, tripa gorda, mollejas (moshejas, hahhaaha) and the lungs...as well as the tiras, the vacio, the lomo, and...
  Derrida26, looks delicious...looks like you are having Argentine cuisine there...that is Lionheart Biker territory....hangar steak (vacio)  and Chimmichurri...you need loads and loads of red wine with that shit (Malbec)... I am going to start grilling a real proper asado again when summer comes...Lord knows how and where I am going to do it where I live now, but we'll figure out a way....  
CDHagg, I really fail to see how you, of all people, can lecture other members about forum etiquette! I complimented you on your superior vacuum cleaner and asked a question...and you didn't have the simple common courtesy to reply...by post or by PM!  Honestly!  Come now...
Tirailleur, are you also NIgerian? 
    I think this is a place to discuss clothing, first and foremost, although there are people here who also are car enthusiasts, fragrance enthusiasts, travel enthusiasts, boxers, psychos, whatever.... But I wouldn't lend too much credence to the non-fashion threads, like the car thread...not much going on there.  The food threads are an absolute disgrace!  Nobody there knows what they are talking about, full stop.  
    CDHagg...forget the goth ninja meets Dior nonsense....what I care about is your interesting kitchen!  You have mastered the art of cleaning wood floors...but where the hell is that fabled espresso machine?  You were not making it up to impress the forum, were you?  I see a cheap toaster, even cheaper commercial breakfast cereal or possibly commercial waffles...and that pantry seems to have unhealthy Dr Pepper...and brown sugar and paper napkins blah blah blah...where...
    Are you seriously trying to tell me, Mr Moo, that you work in an "office" environment where Hakama pants and a YY1820s Beau Brummel-inspired coat, training behind you like a ship under full canvas, will be frowned upon?  Where exactly do you work?    
    Eason...if you are serious, and if you are struggling with clothing in a humid, tropical climate like Hong Kong and in fact most of tropical Asia: Light fabrics like linen and pure cotton are king.  I am not sure why there are claims to the contrary, but these fabrics really do breathe...that is, allow air to penetrate through.  If you wear them loose, they will allow air circulation under them.  What is more, they are natural "wicks"...that is, they will wick away...
    What type of Alden is this?  Does anyone know the name of this line?