or Connect

Posts by zippyh

In general Tricker's uses high quality materials.I think I've read that they both use Stead Tannery for their suede but I'd be somewhat surprised if that was the only source; especially for Tricker's since they offer so many colors and finishes. Alden seems to be more uniform in their suede offerings.Most of my suede Tricker's have the Rapello finish. I think it's just a scotchguard type finish. That's just speculation though.They do seem to be slightly less "hairy" than...
I agree regarding the 2298/4497 not being a difference of 1/2 size. But depending upon one's feet there's enough difference that going up 1/2 size will work for some.
Got them from Super Denim a little over a year ago. 4444 last on double leather.I've got 2298 in same size and also 1/2 size up from 4497.The 2298 in same size are snugger than 4497 and I wouldn't wear thick socks with them.Or if you have a high instep, you might be better off with the bigger 2298.
Teak Cordovan.
And the cordovan Alden Indy's slipped through the cracks too. https://www.jcrew.com/browse/single_product_detail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524441854872&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302052242&nav_type=PRMNAV&bmUID=kK30uOD&srcCode=AFFI00001&siteId=J84DHJLQkR4-nyujiavNk1XVG4zRJ%2FUZKQ
I think when you see a bunch of firsts of the same shoe in several sizes it's a custom order that got cancelled by the retailer for some reason or other. I doubt you're going to find those anywhere else.The factory shop offers returns and takes off VAT for US customers. I'm not sure what added benefit you'd get from a retailer over the factory shop.
Reverso today. And fried chicken sammich for lunch. Time for a nap now.
Dude, the euro is as low as it's been in something like 9 years.Now is the time!
No idea about Barbours, but other garments where I've removed similar patches the patches were also attached with some kind of iron on type adhesive that's a real PITA to get off. When you cut the threads, try to work from the back of the jacket flap (i.e. the part that's not visible). Don't be lazy and try to pull off the patch and cut the threads working between the patch and the jacket. You can easily cut the fabric of the jacket even when using a seam ripper. Don't...
Go brown. The blue dial Sub was the first Rolex I bought.